Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Cats and bucktails

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Luv2Spey 
#1 ·
DO NOT let you cat play with the bucktail. That is, unless you want dead rodents brought into your house. Yesterday, I let my house cat, Wanda, play with the bucktail from my tying materials. I recalled how, as an adolescent cat, she enjoyed playing with it. Oddly, I noticed that there was this frenzied vigor about her behavior last night. She even took to her regular toys with renewed interest.

Well, early this morning, Margaret and I woke up to some panicked squeeks. "The cat brought a mouse into the bedroom again!" my partner moaned. Yes, this has happened before. When I turned on the light to see where the mouse was, I noticed a long, fine-haired tail sticking out from under my trousers on the floor. I directed Margaret to keep an eye on the mouse while I went out to my truck to fetch my trout net.

By the time I returned, it was under the bookshelf next to the dresser. I continued to egg the cat on--so as to either have the cat capture the mouse again or to keep it contained. The cat then crawled under the dresser and flushed it up behind the mirror on top. Well, you see, we never got around to securing the mirror to either to the wall or dresser, so I apologized to Margaret and shoved the mirror hard against the wall.

To make this long story short, the cat ended up fetching out the now dead mouse, and I scooped it up with the trout net. So, if you need to re-activate your lazy cat into doing its job around your contry house, break out the bucktail. But if you live in the city, do think twice.

:pROFESSOR

Tight Lines!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.