celebrities who fly fish

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Itchy Dog, Feb 23, 2007.

1. headstrong1

headstrong1 youngish old guy

Greg Brown is down.

2. Chris Kunin

Chris Kunin New Member

Liam Neeson
    Nick Faldo

3. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Steelie Mike
    Anil Srivistava
    Ibn Archer
    Jason Decker

4. Mark Kulikov

Mark Kulikov Active Member

Travolta does fly fish; however, there isn't a single piece of water in Santa Barbara with an active steelhead run anymore.

5. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Way to "raise" the bar of fly fishing celebrityhood there, Zen.

6. snarlac

snarlac Member

jimmy carter
    tiger woods

7. Willie Bodger

Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

Dude, Nikki Taylor (or is it Niki?). Supermodel flyfisher!!

8. FLUFISKE37

FLUFISKE37 New Member

Vegard Ulvang

9. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Name droppers. Who are these people? Do I need to get out more? Read People Magazine? Watch more TV?

10. Big Tuna

Big Tuna Member

All of the above:rofl: Just be glad that you're so insulated from popular culture that you don't know who they are or what they do for their pasttimes.

11. 05tacoma

05tacoma Member

Al Gore - he invented fly fishing...

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  12. Snake

Snake tryin' not to get too comfortable

Tom McGuane (if writers can rightly be thought of as "celebrities").

13. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Dana Carvey, buddy of mine saw him on rock creek, where i believe his dad owns rock creek mercantile.
    Mike Sweeney of the KC Royals
    Jamie Moyer
    If you listne to any primus or les claypools flying frog brigade he actually has several songs about fishing.

14. Marty

Marty New Member

Tiger has not had a fly rod in his hands for a long time, I take that back he fished for trout in Ireland this year. Even though he caught a steelhead on the Deschutes I would say he is not a true fly fisher. Mark O’Meara is an avid steelheader and trout fisher. Last count he had over 30 two handers and can cast them better than he can hit a golf ball.

15. FLUFISKE37

FLUFISKE37 New Member

Sam Neil the kiwi actor is an avid flyfisherman who now resides in Montana in which he describes Montana to his Native Country(Kiwiland) similarities in the ff techniques. But Montana has more Public access and more rivers also more wild trout than Kiwiland so Montana is therefore better than NZ.

16. ewhitaker75

ewhitaker75 Member

17. Bill Dodd

Bill Dodd Bill's in a time out.

Joe you crack me up..lol..
    Bud Carvey is a good friend of the owners of the merc, Doug and Carolyn Persico.
    I have met Dana's Dad and Mother both when staying at the Mercantile and promised them to go see his next movie..lol..And I did..
    The Carvey's lived in Missoula untill they moved to Southern Calif many years ago..
    And I'm sure your friend did see Dana on the Creek as they go there often from what I hear..
    It was good to see you on the River Saturday..

Bill Dodd.

18. kodiaksalmon

kodiaksalmon Jeff B.

I saw Vinnie Jones on a FF'ing show the other day. Seemed to know what he was doing.

Attached Files:

19. fly_rep@hotmail.com

fly_rep@hotmail.com Banned or Parked

The guy from primus is also a bait fisherman. He has a song called "fish on" singing about catching a sturgeon in san pablo bay (the sf bay area)

20. fly_rep@hotmail.com

fly_rep@hotmail.com Banned or Parked

Apparently all these "sportsmen for Bush" do. And I assume the sticker means Sportsmen for Bush and not sportmen for whoo hooo

Just so everyone know bush appointed a timber lawyer who came up with the idea of counting hatchery fish along with wild fish to the noaa. Who needs the endangered species act when we have zoos. Oops, sorry for offending the Sportsmen for whoo hooo.