Classic Trout rod back for sale on Redington.com

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by gabe0430, Aug 19, 2013.

1. gabe0430

gabe0430 Banned or Parked

2. golfman44

golfman44 Coho Queen

Is Redington serious?

$170 for the 6 piece when there are hundreds brand new in packaging on ebay for under $100. Tempting to buy 10 of these on ebay and resell them in a month

Kyle Smith likes this.
  3. Kyle Smith

Kyle Smith Active Member

So can I now get a Tempt for $75? Lol that was quick!

4. gabe0430

gabe0430 Banned or Parked

5. golfman44

golfman44 Coho Queen

Cabelas has all the 4 pieces for $89 but I can't find any 6 pieces. Damn. Woulda been all over that.

6. Josh

Josh dead in the water

If anyone finds an "old" 3wt 6pc CT for under $100, I'd be tempted to buy a second. I really like that rod.

7. golfman44

golfman44 Coho Queen

8. Josh

Josh dead in the water

9. golfman44

golfman44 Coho Queen

Was thinking of that specific rod as a backup too...6 pieces is so convenient for backpacking

10. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Well, maybe if I sell some stuff on ebay of my own (or have enough beers one evening before they sell out).

Porter likes this.
  11. Danielocean

Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

In my opinion I am holding out for the new version of the Classic Trout. Due to cosmetics reasons alone. I think that the new CT is a mix of the old CT and the new Tempt. The new Classic Trout has the reel seat hardward of the older CT which makes me happy. I think its the best looking out of the bunch and they got rid of that stupid bright red rod tube.

12. Danielocean

Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

In my opinion I am holding out for the new version of the Classic Trout. Due to cosmetics reasons alone. I think that the new CT is a mix of the old CT and the new Tempt. The new Classic Trout has the reel seat hardward of the older CT which makes me happy. I think its the best looking out of the bunch and they got rid of that stupid bright red rod tube.