Classic Trout rod back for sale on Redington.com

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by gabe0430, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Is Redington serious?

$170 for the 6 piece when there are hundreds brand new in packaging on ebay for under $100. Tempting to buy 10 of these on ebay and resell them in a month

Kyle Smith likes this.
  2. So can I now get a Tempt for $75? Lol that was quick!

3. Cabelas has all the 4 pieces for $89 but I can't find any 6 pieces. Damn. Woulda been all over that.

4. If anyone finds an "old" 3wt 6pc CT for under $100, I'd be tempted to buy a second. I really like that rod.

5. Was thinking of that specific rod as a backup too...6 pieces is so convenient for backpacking

6. Well, maybe if I sell some stuff on ebay of my own (or have enough beers one evening before they sell out).

Porter likes this.
  7. In my opinion I am holding out for the new version of the Classic Trout. Due to cosmetics reasons alone. I think that the new CT is a mix of the old CT and the new Tempt. The new Classic Trout has the reel seat hardward of the older CT which makes me happy. I think its the best looking out of the bunch and they got rid of that stupid bright red rod tube.

8. In my opinion I am holding out for the new version of the Classic Trout. Due to cosmetics reasons alone. I think that the new CT is a mix of the old CT and the new Tempt. The new Classic Trout has the reel seat hardward of the older CT which makes me happy. I think its the best looking out of the bunch and they got rid of that stupid bright red rod tube.