Coho Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Scudley Do Right, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Look forward to the swap photos guys! Wish I would have joined this swap but I will enjoy from the screen.

2. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Been super busy, but should have mine done tonight.

3. KevinLS

KevinLS Active Member

I'm all finished, maybe get a photo up soon. I'll be mailing things off this week. I went with a UV Yak hair instead of white bucktail; hope they kill!

4. KevinLS

KevinLS Active Member

Here they are. Still debating length of stinger vs. fly length, as well as proportions. Any suggestions are appreciated. Really stared at photos I had to get everything right.

Yes I'm really curious about thoughts on stinger length because I see them anywhere from halfway back to as long as the whole fly...

Attached Files:

Jeff Dodd and nailbender like this.
  5. Kevin, the flies look good. I put my hooks toward the back of the fly to prevent short strikes.

constructeur likes this.
  6. KevinLS

KevinLS Active Member

Yeah I guess can you go too far? Fish sees too much hook? Anyhow I tied a few more making sure they're long enough flies and stinger is trailing a bit more. Should send them out tomorrow.

Kevin

7. The ones in the pic look good. I didn't mean for you to tie up more.

8. Just a heads up 5 days left

9. KevinLS

KevinLS Active Member

No big, I tied a number, and different sizes for myself. Flies went out Wed. Looking forward to seeing them all.

Kevin

10. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

my flies went out friday.

nailbender likes this.
  11. nailbender

nailbender Active Member

Sweet.

12. Just checked the mail, no flies yet. I will keep you guys posted as I get them.

13. Received Chris and Nick's Flies today, bitchin' flies by both gentlemen. As soon as I get Kevin's flies I will get them in the mail.

14. KevinLS

KevinLS Active Member

Gentleman,
    I apologize for not seeing this sooner. On July 3rd the flies went out from Allyn, WA. As you can see USPS says they were delivered on July 5th at 9:14 AM. They were in a priority mail box with postage and label to get back to Spokane.

If you don't have them I'll call USPS and see what the H is going on.

Attached Files:

15. KevinLS

KevinLS Active Member

Original Receipt with both tracking numbers.

Attached Files:

16. No worries, I will give my post office a call tomorrow and see what I can find out.

17. Ok, got it worked out mail guy said he delivered them but they were sitting at the post office. I have all the flies packaged and will place them in the mail tomorrow. I am not the best photographer by any stretch, but I posted the photos in the galley. Sent Chris a couple PMs but never got a reply. Placed the photos under Fly Swaps 2013, hope that works.

KevinLS likes this.
  18. KevinLS

KevinLS Active Member

Woo Hoo

19. Has any one received their flies yet?

20. nailbender

nailbender Active Member

Got mine very nice, gonna try em out soon as the kings are gone.