Comes a time...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Derek Young, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

A very special day shared by two very special gents . . . I'll second the "post of the year" nomination & add that this may well be the most inspirational post I've had the privilege to read on any forum. Thanks for sharing a truly wonderful adventure.

2. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Very cool. Thanks for sharing that experience.

Sg

3. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

An amazing report on an utterly amazing day, Derek! I am sure you will both treasure the day for the rest of your years. Than you for sharing!

4. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Very cool. It would have been amazing to have been a third wheel on that trip.

5. Paul Huston

Paul Huston Swinger

Right on!
    I've been looking forward to hearing how it went.
    Great Job adapting and dialing it in.

6. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Very nice, thanks for sharing this story. You did a wonderful job and so did your client.

7. Golden Trout

Golden Trout Active Member

Bringing back his mind's eye memory is special. His memory of you, even more special.

8. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

This one has heart, and soul. Thank you Derek.

9. tbuss

tbuss Member

You know I don't know which of you got the most out of that trip. I know your client enjoyed himself, but I think he gave you an experience that will never be forgotten.

10. Patrick Allen

Patrick Allen Active Member

That was fantastic.

11. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

:) Nice trip report! Thanks for sharing that. That was an incredible day you and your client had. Way to go!

12. Derek Young

Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Thank you all for your interest in this story and comments - yes, it was a valuable day for me personally and professionally. I've heard from many of you via private message about similar experiences, and it continues to amaze me - the powerful and sometimes healing powers that this pursuit brings us, despite how or where we practice it. I am blessed in being part of this community and for the friendships built along the way.

See you out there.

John Hicks likes this.
  13. LD

LD Active Member

I second the post of the year!

Puts things in perspective.

14. Derek thank you for sharing one of a very few golden moments in a persons life we get to enjoy so seldom.

15. Derek, great report. Thank you for sharing this with us.