NFR Congratulations to Pete Carroll - The NFL's Greatest Failure

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kent Lufkin, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
  2. Steve Kokita FISHON206

Burien, Washington
    Ratings: +134 / 0
    Kicked ass on them Broncos!!! Go Hawks!!!
  3. Tom Bowden Active Member

Black Diamond, WA
    Ratings: +72 / 3
    Good article. I liked the comments about organization and culture.

Compare the Seahawks to the Mariners, who have a long established culture of losing that "runs right up to the person writing the checks." Hopefully, with a new Manager and Chuck Armstrong retiring, the M's will turn this around.

Tom
    Kyle Smith and Kent Lufkin like this.
  4. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,064 / 0
    You can't compare the current Seahawks with the Mariner's culture of collapse. The 'Hawks aren't paying a quarterback 15mil a year and hence have enough cash left to obtain some excellent position players and pay them enough to stick around. Some of the teams are paying a QB so much that after paying him, all they can afford are some no name journeymen that are on a glide path to retirement.

The Mariners by breaking the bank on one player are in the same boat with a couple of top heavy stars and a flimsy supporting cast. As already mentioned they are weak from the ownership right to the bottom. For my money they can move to Salt Lake City and change their name from Mariners to Mormites and give me a tax credit for the stadium I am probably still paying for.

Ive
  5. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    Coach Carroll is a fly fisherman too.

One of the nicest, humblest, down to earth guys I've ever had the pleasure to meet.
    Greg Armstrong likes this.
  6. Greg Armstrong Active Member

Pugetropolis
    Ratings: +342 / 0
    I did not know he fished, let alone fly fish. That's pretty cool!

I think we need to get R. Sherman out fly fishing though (for all I know, maybe he already does).
    Spending some time with him on the water would/could really be a fun and entertaining experience!
  7. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +987 / 0
    He'd catch a steelhead and shit talk the fish