Cowlitz Shuttle Services

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Jonathan Tachell, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Jonathan Tachell

Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Hey guys thinking about floating the cowlitz in the next few weeks and was hoping someone out there has a number or two for reliable shuttle services. Thanks

2. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Jonathan,
    I believe Barrier Dam Campground can line a shuttle up for you.
    SF

3. Dan Page

Dan Page Active Member

Trudy, the longtime Cowlitz shuttle lady is not available anymore. I hope she is OK. Steve, another Cowlitz shuttle is not available either. I found this # last week at the BC board. 360-827-4697. The ad said she is a single Mom that now does shuttles for $20. I only got a message when I called.
    Usually not hard to hitch a ride out of the launches if all else fails.

constructeur likes this.
  4. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Contact Mike Sturza at Lost Creek Fly Shop in Onalaska. He will do shuttles too.

orangeradish likes this.
  5. what kinda shuttles she talking about? Badminton?

constructeur likes this.
  6. Jonathan Tachell

Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Alright thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

7. Stonefish

Bummer about Trudy no longer being available for shuttles. I really liked the old gal. I know the shuttle money really helped her get by and she sure loved to eat cutthroat.
    I tried calling her last night but it said her number had recently been disconnected. Hopefully she is OK and just living with her daughter.
    SF

8. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

I talked to Steve Buckner a few days ago and he said she was in pretty bad shape. Apparently a lot of the health issues have really caught up to her :( I already miss her, she gave my kids pumpkins during the fall, and was very generous with her recipes.

9. Stonefish

James,
    I appreciate the update on Trudy. I'm sorry to hear about her health. I know she was battling some issues the last time I saw her.
    She has a great soul. She always had a big smile when given fresh cutts or steelhead and would always send us home with some fresh corn later in the year.
    SF

10. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

I hope this new gal works out. Otherwise it will be tough without Trudy.

John Hicks likes this.
  11. doublespey

doublespey Steelhead-a-holic

Yeah, what James and Stonefish said goes for me as well. Trudy has a great heart and it was always a pleasure talking with her on the ride up from Mission or Blue Creek. I remember the first time asking her how much the shuttle fee was and she said, "Oh, whatever you have is fine". Classy lady that always made each trip a little better! Just FYI - Mike Sturza is a reliable shuttle. He has a big Bronco - if you're floating in a Scadden or WaterMaster you can just throw your gear and boat bag in his rig and ride back upriver.

12. Dan Page

Dan Page Active Member

I know Mike, but somehow wasn't aware he shuttled. Good to know
    He's busy catching big muskie of late!

13. fly dds

fly dds Drillin N Fillin, Flingin N Swingin

Mike Sturza at Lost Creek Fly Shop in Onalaska.