Cushy Montana Destinations?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Scott1798, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Scott1798 New Member

Ratings: +3 / 0
    An impending delivery is threatening my annual Montana trip with my wife. We are expecting a baby girl in November and I'm afraid the September stream-side tent set-up might not cut it this year. Does anybody have a recommendation for a Lodge or B&B type destination that won't prohibit starting a college fund??
  2. Calvin1 Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Stay at Chico Hot Springs and fish the Yellowstone.
  3. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    stonefly inn with rooster in twin bridges
    sjterry likes this.
  4. Rick Sharp Member

West Richland, WA 99353
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Prewett creek and fish the MO

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Denny Wagenman Active Member

Ratings: +27 / 0
    What area or rivers do you plan to fish?
  6. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,615 / 0
    My wife and I stayed at Fairmont Springs resort summer before last. It's a few steps above tenting, has a couple restaurants and a swimming pool. It's between Anaconda and Butte, within an hour of the Big Hole and a number of other popular rivers.

Sg
  7. troutdopemagic Active Member

Lake Stevens, Washington
    Ratings: +134 / 0
    Headhunters and there cabins on the Missouri. Theres alot of really nice other lodges in the state so its hard to pick just one. Somewhere in Livingston might be nice aswell.
  8. Trapper Badovinac Author, Writer, Photographer

Helena, Montana
    Ratings: +589 / 0
    Kyle Smith likes this.
  9. Kyle Smith Active Member

Bozeman, MT
    Ratings: +254 / 0
  10. Joe Parke New Member

Snohomish, Wa
    Another vote for Chico Hot Springs. Rooms in the old lodge start at around $45, on up to expensive suites, cabins, etc. Spa with massages and that stuff and a good restaurant.
    It's right next to the Yellowstone and just down from the famous spring creeks. Not too far from the park.
  11. Richard Olmstead BigDog

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +786 / 0
    Chico Hot Springs. Boy, that brings back memories. I haven't been there in nearly 40 years. I used to stop there for a meal and a soak after Yellowstone trips. I'm sure it has changed a lot in that time.
    D
  12. Trapper Badovinac Author, Writer, Photographer

Helena, Montana
    The Main Lodge rates at Chico start at $55 during the summer months. But those cheaper rooms do not have a bathroom in them. That might be a problem for a 7 month pregnant woman.

Chico is a very nice place and I go there every few years. And it is very close to the Yellowstone, YNP, and the Spring Creeks.

Trapper
  13. dibling Member

Green Lake
    Ratings: +46 / 0

I really liked the "Saloon" at Chico Hot Springs as well. There's quite a few little BnB options toward Gardiner. I can look for the name tonight where we stayed, but it was directly on the Yellowstone.
  14. Brian White Recovering Bugmeister/Troutlandish?

the Ranch at Rock Creek?
  15. Trapper Badovinac Author, Writer, Photographer

Helena, Montana
    Well he did ask for "cushy" didn't he?

But then he also wrote
    While the Ranch at Rock Creek satisfies the "cushy" part and there's a ton of activities, the cheapest accommodations I know of there are ~$1200/night/person.

Trapper
  16. Brian White Recovering Bugmeister/Troutlandish?

aha - i guess i ignore the part where he wanted to be somewhat cost conscious. For what it is worth, i've fished that property (it is one of those "know somebody who knows somebody" things).........not bad.........
  17. scottmel Member

boise, idaho
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    I've been there a few times over the past couple of years. I think you might be surprised how little it has changed since you were there last. The fisherman cabins may be fairly recent, but the main lodge is still like it was when I first was there 20 years.

18. sjterry Sr. Lurker

Bellevue, WA
    Second the Stonefly Inn. More fishing than cushy but the guys are great.
  19. Tacoma Red Active Member

Kitsap
    Ratings: +297 / 0
    Old Man's House. Just saying.
    wanative likes this.
  20. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +507 / 0

He said "cushy" not "grumpy" - is that some form of dyslexia that I'm not familiar with?