Damn cat!!

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Nick Clayton, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Been tying some flies for tomorrows father-chum dance, when I stepped into the bedroom to look for something out of my tying desk.

I'm barely gone two minutes, and I find my cat has left turds all over the living room!

2013-11-02_19-30-06_833.jpg

2. Nice turds. Whatever you've been feeding that cat is working. Keep it up.

3. Hahahaha, I have to lock the little bastards out of the tying room, there is nothing they like more than flashabou.... and the Vet loves it too. A fly tying room is like cat heaven, I think they might be th o nly creatures that appreciate it as much as I do!

4. Nice - what size, or size range do you typically tie those in? Do you ever tie them sparse or is the fuller tie the ticket?

Ever since we've had cats I've had to become super paranoid about leaving any flies out. Whenever they hear me open one of the drawers that has fur or feathers in it, they come running. They also love to hop on the bench and check out what I'm doing at super close range. Doesn't help the production, but it's always amusing.

5. Usually tie them sparse and in all different color combinations, but this particluar combo was hot hot hot today so I whipped out some morev

6. I wish my worthless neighbor's cats were so talented. I'd much rather pick those up than what I do have to clean-up daily. I'd never need to tie a fly again.

7. Nick, nice turds. ya gotta luv cats. lol.
    Outlaw

8. Nice "Chum-Nicks" Nick!

9. At least he didn't bury 'em in the litter box!!

Nick Clayton likes this.
  10. Let Hank catch em' mid deuce one time...

11. Const, He has. They avoid the back yard like the plague. Hank detests them exponentially more than I & he has trained cats to avoid his territory. Reckon I'll have to return to the "live trap & skunk oil" routine, since the shelter quit accepting strays. If I'm inconvenienced, so shall the outdoor kitty's owner be inconvenienced. So sayeth the old Montanan . . . Book of Reckoning, Chapter 1

constructeur and Nick Clayton like this.
  12. Dogs like fly tying rooms too. Buck tail is a delicacy.

13. I use to set up in the dinning room table. I was tying late one night and just turned out the light and went to bed. Heard a noise in the middle of the night. Got up to find my young female cat running down the hall with a big buck tail hanging out of her mouth. It was so big she could not run very fast because she could not get her front legs together. I now tie behind close doors. Don't even want to think about what my wife would have done to me if she had gotten a hook.