NFR Dear Santa - if I were to wish for a small RV.....

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Brian White, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +319 / 0
    Yes, a double in the back and a twin in the front.
  2. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +319 / 2
    Near perfect Jeremy. Drop it off in your new 'hood and go fish. Trailer's waiting when you're done, with enough room to cook, eat and sleep. Set up a tarp outside for lounging around camp and your set. What more does a guy need?
    I've been admiring those "tear drop" style trailers too. Easy tows for a small truck.
    Jeremy Floyd likes this.
  3. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +883 / 0
    You'd love it!
  4. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +883 / 0
    Don't go ga-ga over those classic VW Westfalias either! If you really want to check them out, look at GoWesty's website at their vans for sale. I saw a full bells&whistles Syncro-their 4WD version-on the site for $128,000!! They got it, too! Hell, mine's a steal at 14 grand!
  5. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +221 / 1
  6. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Mark, just to "one up you", the ultimate would be the Sikorsky camper I saw once on the telly. Can't find a link right now but as a cargo chopper on floats, there were few amenities it didn't have. Somewhere North of 2M. That was 10 years ago at least so its likely out of my range today.
  7. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    You can get the "Zodiac/outboard/electric loading crane option for the above.
  8. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,176 / 0
    I saw this one on Hwy 2 a couple weeks ago. It is owned by a German couple who shipped it over for a 4 months N. American trip. It was pretty awesome! It's a stock rig from an Austrian RV company, Action Mobil.
    www.actionmobil.at/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374206801.277017.jpg
  9. Bruce Baker Active Member

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    What a cool looking rig!
  10. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    And the winner is...............Freestone!
    Great one, Sue.:cool:
  11. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Wow. There's money out there.
    I'll stay with rea$onable.
  12. candr Daryl

Ratings: +26 / 0
    I have a sportsmobile that I use for fishing a fair amount. It is a lot of money to have tied up in a vehicle (and I bought mine used) and there are lots of other options out there that are pretty nice - the Boler, small airstreams, pop up campers, and some of the new offroad teardrops (moby1) are pretty cool for far less money. That being said having a diesel, 4x4 rig that has solar, hot water, fridge, furnace etc. all in one package is pretty nice for steelhead fishing up in BC or fishing some of the lakes that are hard to get to up there. I tend to use it a fair amount for that. Here's a pic from a couple weekends ago at silver creek. Fishing was good with a really good pmd hatch coming off in the morning. Nice mix of browns and rainbows caught. cheers.
    Smobile Silver Creek.jpg
    Itchy Dog, JesseCFowl and Freestone like this.
  13. papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Camano Island, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +62 / 0
    I like that Ford rig, but I can't recall the last time I had chips and salsa, out of the jar no less, with my red wine :rolleyes: puleeze!

LB
  14. Brian in OR. New Member

Eastern Oregon
    Ratings: +1 / 0
  15. speyfisher Active Member

State of Jefferson U.S.A.
    Ratings: +136 / 3
  16. Redsides New Member

Oak Grove
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    The mileage on the Roadtrek would be good if you got the BlueTEC ultra clean fuel efficient CRD turbo diesel V6 engine in it. That's a Mercedes plant in a Sprinter body.
  17. wetdawg New Member

Snoqualime
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    i got an 02 eurovan camper... its awesome... 18 to 20 mpg fully loaded. winnebago stopped making them in 03. not a problem free rig, but the footprint is great. best to add the gowesty lift kit and tranny cooler. thats the next upgrade ill do to mine. been the original owner and use it just for adventures.
  18. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +424 / 0
    My brother has a Sportsmobile. It's a nifty rig, but I want just a bit more room. That being said, I wish the Chinook Baja was still made. I couldn't afford one but that would be just the ticket (minus the gawdawful paint job).

http://www.fretzrv.com/page.aspx/pageid/23650/page.aspx

image.jpg
    Freestone likes this.
  19. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +563 / 0
    Well, this is my rig. 9-1/2 foot Lance Camper and 2003 Dodge diesel. Makes 15 miles per gallon. I love some of those van rigs tho... dodgediesel.jpg