Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Deep Water Chironomid/What You Like to Hang Deep Under an Indicator Swap

Swap 
6K views 75 replies 12 participants last post by  Brian Thomas 
#1 ·
CLOSED!

These bugs need to be tied with weight (I prefer tungsten bead heads, but that's just me), and proven patterns would be nice. Up to 12 tiers, you could tie 11 of one pattern and 11 of another pattern or you could just tie up 22 of the same pattern.

Once we have enough tiers, I'll set a due date and send out my address.

1. Irafly. Done
2. WABOMAN Done
3. dbk Done
4. Jeff Dodd Done
5. Nailbender Done
6. Caveman. Done
7. Fishingcheftim. Done
8. Nick Clayton Done
9. troutpocket Done
10. Brian Thomas In the mail
11. Chris Lum Done
12. Mike Ediger Done

#58 ·
Brian's flies arrived Thursday after I left for my trip. I made it back today. I will mail them all out tomorrow. I will say that I fished several of the patterns on this trip and some performed stellar. Nick's maroon Leech absolutely slayer for a couple of days and Nailbenders brown leech did as well. I need more of those and I'm already looking into those jig hooks.

#59 ·
Sweet can't wait to see all the bugs. I have been tying like mad the past few days. My leech collection was decimated after Saturday. I had literally nothing left. Getting stocked back up is half the fun.

I'm just glad something I tied for a swap caught fish!

#60 ·
Sweet can't wait to see all the bugs. I have been tying like mad the past few days. My leech collection was decimated after Saturday. I had literally nothing left. Getting stocked back up is half the fun.

I'm just glad something I tied for a swap caught fish!
Nick - your leech turned out to be a theme all weekend. I happened to have a few similar ties and all mine are now shredded as well.

#61 ·
Not many greater sights than shredded flies after fishing.

I've been trying to come up with ways to make these more durable. They are a simple tie so easy to replace but I would like them to last longer. I would also like to find a stronger curved nymph hook to tie them with. Half the time the hook gets bent to hell before the fly wears out

#73 ·
OK, OK, I finally finished putting up the photos! For some reason I lost Brian's photos, but I'm fairly sure I know which mids were his and I think I can pull them out of my box and take new photos.

Sorry about that Brian.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.