Double pontoon

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by bstolz, Jun 10, 2013.

1. So I've kinda come up with an idea and I'm looking for some constructive ideas and criticism. I've had an 8ft water skeeter pontoon boat and I just recently acquired a second one for free from a relative. Now my idea is to get some stainless tubing that is the same outer diameter of the inner diameter of the existing frames and build a casting platform frame and connect both boats. Now I've tried to do some research and I can't seem to find any write up or experiences on the interwebz of anyone trying such a thing. Ideas?

2. That configuration was available a while back. Can't remember who make it though. Someone will know.

OK, with help from my friend google, it was a Water Skeeter Doubletake. Might give you some ideas.

3. I once thought about connecting two pontoons by simply strapping 10' sections of pipe to the frame on each tube. In the end, I simply bought a double.

However, you might contact Water Skeeter as they used to make a boat called the "Double Haul". It was two singles that mated together to make a double. The pontoons zipped together but I don't recall how the frames connected. They should have some ideas and may even already have the parts to connect your two frames.

[​IMG]

KevinLS likes this.
  4. Holy crap-that thing looks like an erector set on steroids!

Ive

5. looks like two pontoon boats having sex, the result is a litter of float tubes.
    jesse

6. "Litter of float tubes" Now that's funny!