Drift boat cover

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by troutpounder, Nov 18, 2012.

1. troutpounder Active Member

everett
    Ratings: +58 / 0
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good drift boat cover. I have an older clackacraft. The centerline is 168" and the widest part is 83". I dont really want to spend 500$ for the one on clacka's website. Thank you
  2. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +400 / 1
  3. troutpounder Active Member

everett
  4. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +895 / 0
    I got mine from Three C's in Oregon; a custom cover that I'm extremely pleased with. I can't recommend them highly enough

At least i think it was called three c's! It's been a while. Nope, just checked, and it's 5 C's, not 3 C's!
    Bob Triggs likes this.
  5. Ray Member

Post Falls, ID
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    I got mine from a local truck tarp company. It's custom fit, robust as hell, and they were happy to have the business. I did ask for the heavier material (6mil) and it ran me about $250. It's probably the best value of all of the upgrades I've done to my boat.
  6. troutpounder Active Member

everett
    thanks for the input everyone! I think I going to order a 5c's
  7. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +895 / 0
    good choice! I love mine, it dresses up the boat for long trips, and is super snug. I'm very impressed with their work.
  8. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +67 / 1
    Elaine (5C's) is great. I stopped by on my way down to Sunriver and she measured my pram. Picked it up on the way home a week later. Fits like a glove even with raised oar locks.
  9. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +689 / 5
    Wow her prices aren't bad. Was thinking of getting one once I'm done with restore of my glass boats.
  10. mmarcus steelhead chaser

Portland, OR.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Yeah, 5C's is great! I just ordered one this summer and am very happy with it.
  11. nomlasder Active Member

Burien.
    Ratings: +113 / 0
    5C's is great. I sent them some non standard numbers when ordering the cover and it fit perfect. 5 years in the elements and it still performs well. I do have to sweep the snow off or when it melts I get ponds. The clips and rubber cord work well but one day I will work up a better knot / attachment.
  12. Gary Mc New Member

Ketchum
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Can you run a 5C's cover without removing the Oarlocks?
  13. Trapper Badovinac Author, Writer, Photographer

Helena, Montana
    Ratings: +610 / 0
    Boat covers are a really good idea. I have owned 6 drift boats and the covers more than paid for themselves. By the time I went to sell them the hulls still looked good.

A really good set of mudflaps will also go a long way to protecting your boat.
  14. ken2cross Member

Lake Stevens, Wa
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Make it yourself with Sunbrella fabric. I got my canvas supplies for my sailboat from http://www.sailrite.com/
    Most any sewing machine will do. (Manly men remember a sewing machine is a power tool!)
    Ken
  15. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    She will make them with button holes or pockets stitched.
  16. IHV2FSH Member

Northern California
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    If fail to see the advantage of spending $300+ for a cover. When it's warm outside and wet inside- mold. So I had to take the cover off until completely dry inside the boat. You store it in your vehicle after launching. When it's raining and snowing, you've got water all over the inside of your nice leather (if you have nice leather, I don't). I'm asumming manly men have trucks so maybe not an issue for them. I have lockable containers in my Hyde so I'm not worried about theft. I rather own more fishing gear than a cover!
  17. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    Advantage in the NW is less rain in my pram (no drain plug). Leaves and needles from all my inconsiderate neighbors trees that hang over on my side that seem attracted to filling it up. It usually stays in the back of my truck for my 120 days of fishing.