Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

East Fork Lewis River

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Stephen Rice 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me what type of fish are in the East Fork Lewis River?

#3 ·
I was down that way on saturday. I had a couple hours to fish so I checked it out up by Daybreak. The water was low, but I hooked a few nice ones and saw what I'm guessing is a salmon or nice size steelie. It was the biggest fish I'd ever seen in a river. Was just gettin some ideas of what it might have been.:)

#4 ·
Hey Wes, did you and Ben ever do that float on the Klikitat? Is there as little water down in your part of the state as there is up here?

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/
http://www.patagonia-expedition.org/

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

- Henry David Thoreau

#5 ·
No, we rescheduled to, I think, around Sept 20th. I don't have my schedule in front of me so I'm not sure of the exact dates.

Reports (I have a couple of friends that fish it hard with gear and flies) had steelhead counts down during the dates we originally planned so rather than just go for a float trip we decided to bump it to later in the season when the fish counts would be better.

As to water levels, in a few places if you spit in the river it doubles the flow. I hope we get some rain pretty soon or we'll just be thinking about fishing.

Later
Wes

#6 ·
What kind of fish did you catch? did you go above the bridge or below. I usually go above. I live bout 1/2 hour from that spot. I was up there about a month ago and the water so low and warm I decided not to target anything. So I just hiked it for awhile to look for some good holes for this upcoming winter season. I found some old nets up there (totally illegal) and the little trib was almost completely dried out. the E. fork is known to have huge steelhead and Salmon. I have personly seen a couple monsters come outta there.:thumb

#8 ·
nwflyfisher, I caught some small cutts and a couple smolts. I think I also caught a couple whitefish. I went above the bridge. Does the road run along the river above the bridge? I thought I could here some cars, and know I heard people off of the river, but saw no one.

#10 ·
There is a Trail that runs along that little trib. instead of going straight down to the river go over by the rangers house and you can take that trail down past the Tributary where it meets up again anyway just on the other side of that is a road and some kind of housing developement. that's probably where your hearing people and the cars.oh yeah and there are some whitefish in there and suckers too. I have caught Cutts up there to. I tell you though every time I go up there that landscape changes.
Steve:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.