enlightened

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by triploidjunkie, Apr 13, 2013.

1. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,264 / 0
    She whooped me again at our favorite lake. The wind was ferocious, forty plus mph(sorry for the word shortcut old timers), and spotting fish with white caps was difficult to impossible. At one point waves were hitting a big rock and shooting spray high into the air much like the ocean. That actually happened to be the rock enlightened took here best fish standing on, a gorgeous pastel pink cut of around twenty five inches. I had chases and one or two brief hookups, but was schooled by my protege'. We stopped at Rufus on the way home and I somewhat redeemed myself with a ugly little hatchery brat,but not quite.
    Different fish in the pics, minutes apart. Then the last pic is what a bad fishing partner looks like when they're gloating up on the hill, realizing we're calling it quites when the other partner hasn't landed one. I believe it's called satisfaction.? IMG_20130413_170412.jpg IMG_20130413_171529.jpg IMG_20130413_171549.jpg IMG_20130413_173258.jpg
  2. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +67 / 1
    Excellent report. Congrats to E, great last pic.
  3. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,592 / 0
    Obviously the fish prefer your fishing partner because she is so cute! How did you end up fishing with a model? :) I do think you need to buy her a different hat. Oh, nice fish, BTW.
  4. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,064 / 0
    OH,OH-faux pas alert! Gene, you never call a lovely woman cute! Haven't you seen Bull Durham?

Ive
    enlightened likes this.
  5. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +356 / 0
    Great report and way to to Enlightened!
  6. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,592 / 0
    Okay, fine. She's a lovely woman who is also cute. :) (and I can breath through my eyelids)
    Gary Knowels and enlightened like this.
  7. Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +310 / 0
    Good LORD! I'm really not a fan of stillwater, but after seeing all your posts, I constantly rethink my judgement. Pretty awesome to see lake fish bigger than most of my steelhead.
  8. enlightened Active Member

grand coulee, wa
    Ratings: +182 / 0
    Chased one bad boy down after tri missed it. Fantastic and rare day for me. The golden boy got skunked.....:)
    Mark Yoshida and Freestone like this.
  9. Drifter Active Member

Ratings: +636 / 2
    Nice bright fish! and way to tough out the wind, 40 mph ouch.
    enlightened likes this.
  10. Matt Baerwalde ...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +200 / 0
    Those are great fish and that is one satisfied, and dare I say smug smile indeed.
    enlightened likes this.
  11. Steve Call Active Member

Wetside, WA
    Ratings: +182 / 0
    I'm with Luke - not really into stillwater fishing, but I may need to rethink that. Great fish!

I assume you are fishing streamers?
    triploidjunkie likes this.
  12. Mike Ediger Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +152 / 8
    You two are awesome!
    enlightened likes this.
  13. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,264 / 0
    I wasn't, but enlightened was using a streamer that I tied up that morning on a whim.
  14. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +563 / 0
    Wanna describe it for us? :)
    Jim Wallace likes this.
  15. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    Trip, no offense man, but the reason we like the Triploid Junkie and Enlightened couple...well, the answer is enlightening! Great report, glad you two were out despite the harsh conditions. Hopefully this is the first of many fishing reports for you two this spring. I'm pulling for her to outfish you in each of them, but I know you'll hold your own. Great photos. Great fish. Great fishing partner. You two are doing it right!
    enlightened likes this.
  16. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    Man, that does it! I could never beat a report like this one! (Very nice!) I might someday catch me a whopper of a trout, if I'm lucky, but i just don't photograph all that nicely. I can't even qualify as a "hand model" any more.:D
    I guess my reportin' days are now over with.;)
    enlightened likes this.