EPA Puts Pebble Mine on Hold

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Robert Engleheart, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Robert Engleheart Robert

Lemoore, CA
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    Kyle Smith and David Dalan like this.
  2. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +796 / 1
  3. ceviche Active Member

Shoreline, Washington, U.S.A.
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    Glad you found and posted it. That is such good news. Back in the 1980s,I worked on a seafood processing ship. One of the worse jobs I ever completed. Thing is, we handled one crazy amount of Bristol Bay salmon. Given that the Bristol Bay fishery is a renewable resource industry, folks need to preserve it for future generations. We're talking both jobs and food. On top of that, Sockeye salmon is my all-time favorite salmon. The Bristol Bay fishery is, I've heard, the largest Red Salmon fishery in the world. Let's keep it that way.

--Dave
    constructeur likes this.
  4. ceviche Active Member

Glad you found and posted it. That is such good news. Back in the 1980s,I worked on a seafood processing ship. One of the worse jobs I ever completed. Thing is, we handled one crazy amount of Bristol Bay salmon. Given that the Bristol Bay fishery is a renewable resource industry, folks need to preserve it for future generations. We're talking both jobs and food. On top of that, Sockeye salmon is my all-time favorite salmon. The Bristol Bay fishery is, I've heard, the largest Red Salmon fishery in the world. Let's keep it that way.

--Dave
  5. ceviche Active Member

--Dave
  6. ceviche Active Member

--Dave
  7. Greg Armstrong Active Member

Pugetropolis
    Ratings: +359 / 0
    Fantastic news!
    Lets hope it sticks.
  8. Whitey Active Member

Far side of the moon
    Ratings: +185 / 0
    Fantastic news indeed.

The amount of support we got for this cause was amazing. All different types of user groups came together and made a huge impact.

Imagine if we could do that for steelhead reform.
  9. Kyle Smith Active Member

Bozeman, MT
    Ratings: +283 / 0
    This is excellent!
  10. ceviche Active Member

--Dave
  11. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +570 / 0
    Well, you know the mess those guys make on the reality show "GOLD RUSH". Can you imagine mining 110 million ounces? Oh my…….. It's not rocket science.
  12. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +333 / 2
    Good news.
    Fingers crossed, knock on wood, no whistling or bananas in the wheelhouse, hatch covers right side up.
  13. rory Go Outside

Maple Leaf, WA
    Ratings: +191 / 0
    What is our next cause?
  14. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +570 / 0

Save fly fishing in Ukraine…?
    rory likes this.
  15. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +796 / 1