ESPN Piece on Tom Morgan

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by golfman44, Jul 17, 2013.

1. golfman44

golfman44 Coho Queen

This is the front page headline of espn.com right now, pretty cool. Usually its reserved only for the LeBron James' of the world. They have a nice photo gallery of his shop, flies, and a video with a brief interview.

This piece was put together by their "Outside The Lines" crew. The show airs at noon PST on espn. Not 100% sure when they will discuss this story on T.V. but it was posted on the site today. The show is only 30min long so it could be worth a watch.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...om-morgan-gerri-carlson-create-unity-universe

Builder, Mark Kraniger and Ron McNeal like this.
  2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Not knocking the writer, but I don't think he spent much time in Montana. The Tobacco Root mountain range is not that close to Manhattan. The Bridger Range is much closer.

I didn't know there was more to the story. I went back and started to read it. Quite interesting.

3. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Nice article. Will have to finish reading it later.
    Thanks

4. gbeeman

gbeeman Active Member

Thanks for posting. I had the pleasure of dealing directly with Tom years ago when he was at Winston. I was interested in building a small stream rod, but wasn't sure which Winston I wanted to build. Tom took the time to talk to me and even mailed out a finished rod for me to try. I love the 7'4" 4wt that I wound up with.

GBeeman

golfman44 likes this.
  5. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Thanks for posting the link Matt. What an amazingly touching, bittersweet story and a reminder that one day, each of us will only be able to look back at memories of the time we spent on the water. A poignant reminder to live every day in the moment.

K

golfman44 likes this.
  6. Ron McNeal

Ron McNeal Turtles or universes? I can't decide....

Wow..........

Gees........just Wow.............

7. golfman44

golfman44 Coho Queen

This about sums up my reaction as well.

8. o mykiss

o mykiss Active Member

He's obviously an amazing guy. My father-in-law succumbed from complications relating to MS about 6 years ago, so I know how debilitating that disease can be. The fact that Morgan has figured out a way to live a very meaningful life despite what has happened to him is a testament to human courage. His wife is pretty amazing too!

Lugan, golfman44 and Kent Lufkin like this.
  9. golfman44

golfman44 Coho Queen

His wife truly is an incredible person.

sjterry likes this.