WFF Everyone please read, when spammers post

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jerry Daschofsky, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +680 / 5
    Ok, you'll see spurts of spammers getting on here and posting meds. Most acting as real people (hell, they just may be), but assume they're bots. Ok, there's only one thing for you to do. REPORT IT! Do not post on the thread. And here's why.

Some, if not most, of us are on mobile doing this. Like today, I've been doing work around the house so can log onto my PC. But most of the time, I'll be on mobile. When a thread is reported, I have a method of banning the spammer and all their posts. Makes an easy clean. Now, here comes the problem for those of you wanting to be smartasses. If I'm on my mobile and I go to the thread to delete the spammer, my phone can sometimes can glitch and take out one of the people on the thread instead (and has happened). That's even after I've checked to make sure the name on the "ban" list is correct. A couple of you on here have been in the crosshairs as I've been pulling the trigger. So if you see a spammer, please just hit the report and let us do our job.

Thanks
    smc likes this.
  2. Eyejuggler Beech Nut

Tacoma
    Ratings: +350 / 0
    Gotcha
    Sorry, its just a natural reaction to those peeps.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
  3. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Not just you. It's several. Problem comes that takes awhile (up to a couple weeks if not longer) to unban you. Then, EVERYTHING you've posted to this point is permanently gone.
  4. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Im guilty of bein a smart ass
  5. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Smart ass on any post is fine to an extent. But if it's purely a spam post, you've just put crosshairs on yourself. And it's purely by accident. But you've put yourself in the line of fire.
  6. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +427 / 0
    HAHAHA. THAT MAY NOT NECESSARLY BE A BAD THING IN MY CASE.
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,704 / 0
    When ever one of those off the wall ass hats show up with that junk I automatically put them on the Ignore list. I made the mistake of opening one up and read it. What a bunch of shit.

How do they get on here anyway??
  8. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,019 / 1
    Very good advice from Jerry. One guy got banned accidently and it took close to two weeks to get him reinstated.
  9. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    There is a couple different ways they get in. can't always stop them.
  10. underachiever !

suburban hell
    Ratings: +481 / 0
    How else am I supposed to show everyone how hilarious I am if I can't make jokes in the spammer threads?
  11. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Feel free, just don't flip out (which most do) when you got post anymore. ;)
    underachiever likes this.
  12. underachiever !

suburban hell

Post reported
  13. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ooops, that's CAN'T post anymore. LOL
  14. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Ratings: +250 / 0
    I have to do it... I will risk being placed on the "ban" list... Here is my "spam" posting for the day!!! image.jpg
    Steve Call likes this.
  15. underachiever !

suburban hell

I think you owe Nate Treat royalties for that fly pattern, he skates those for native steel on the OP. Skating the spam fly with one hand, rowing the 2013 Pavati Guardian with the other.
  16. McNasty Canyon Lurker

Somewhere Near Selah, WA
    Ratings: +440 / 1
    i'm guilty of one or two. my bad.
  17. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,775 / 0
    Can we get Nate Treat to post on some spam so he can be banned? Wait, he is spam or something like spam that has been fried with some taters and eggs, consumed, then crapped out and refried.
  18. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +331 / 2
    Won't deliberately open recognized spam. Greater problem at work, as a computer jockey. Avoid risk.
    As an admitted smart ass, cant help it. Would rather be a smart ass than the alternative. Oops, see?
  19. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    He was warned already about his open spam. :)
  20. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +784 / 1
    Got it, thanks.