Family 3 Day float?

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by John Hicks, Jan 15, 2013.

1. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

I'm looking to do a three day float with the family. Any ideas? I am looking at the Rhonde, John Day rivers. Anyone have info?

2. Derek Young

Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

PM sent.

3. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

John,

Mumbles and I took our families on the Ronde from Minam to Troy last summer. Great family friendly float with enough wave action to make it fun but nothing too sketchy to get us worried. Nice camp spots as well, although even mid week there were many that were full. Our original plan had been to do the John Day but water levels were too low necessitating the switch. Maybe we'll hit the day this year instead.

Rob

Derek Young likes this.
  4. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

What Rob said. You shoulda asked at Gustavs, the kids would have sold you on the trip!

5. Shapp

Shapp Active Member

Send me a pm, I have been down the Grande Ronde, John Day, and NF John Day many times, and with kids. I would say Grande Ronde latter in Summer and NF John Day if you are looking for an earlier trip. Send me a PM and I can give you what ever level of detail you might want for the type of trip you are looking for (same kid 5 years apart)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ribka

ribka Active Member

John Day in June is a great trip

7. kamishak steve

kamishak steve Active Member

I did John Day in july, lots of fun. Our water levels were too high even in early July for ideal fishing, but the float and the weather were great.