Fantasy Fly Fishing Team / Contest

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Apr 24, 2008.

1. PT

PT Physhicist

I'm not taking this too serious. Tossed some bait into the water to see if I could gut hook one early to throw on the barbie. The only pics I'm going to post are of the finished product. Beer battered lingcod and sea bass with a bottle of Patron in the background. It won't get me any points from you blowholes but just might go over well with the folks who are eating that grub.:thumb:

Just need to ask. What would Clitori do?:clown:

2. Mulligan

Mulligan Stephen Mull

What a fantastic thread. And, yes, Joe is black.

And, Joe, go suck on a whitefish. I'm leaving for Costa Rica on Sat for 8 days, followed by 2 days on the South Holston in Tennessee. I may not catch shit, because I won't have another boat full of varsity kids drifting in front of me to tease up the fish (do assists count?), but what can you do.

Miss you guys.

3. Sinktip

Sinktip Monty

That would need a whole new points system. :rofl::rofl:

4. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

oooooooooooooooooh sinktips bringing his 'A' game

5. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

HEY JERGENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's day 1 and i'm not seeing any pics. varsity my ass!!!!!

6. Sinktip

Sinktip Monty

Thats what I was thinking. Get it together man.

Nothing like some booze to get this party started.:beer1:

7. rick matney

rick matney Active Member

"Any player on Sinktips team that is leading in the points standings at the end of each month gets one bottle of Jamison Whiskey delivered via ups!!!!"

Oh it is on! Yard I will race you for IT! I love jameson. I have sorted through my glorious "whoredrobe" and will be posting pictures in some serious attire. If I get chicks in bikini's in the picts of me do I get style points on the side? :p

And I am going to start at the bottom and work my way up. Each day more "classy" than the next.

Yard...alll i have to say is pre-spawn carp and a spanflex worm ball. :beer2:

8. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Just get warming up boys, this is spring training!

9. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

yeah, nothing like wappin a chromer when your buddies are throwing a plastic worm they picked up from the trees in front of you.

10. Shawnage

Shawnage Shawn Bechtol

What happens on the fun boat.... stays on the fun boat!

11. KEM

KEM Member

Ohhh sh!t, Ohhhhhhhhhhh...LMFAO so loud right now you two. Ohhhhhhhh SH!T...!!!!!!!

12. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Don't even try to play that game, 'cuz I will fuckin' school you if it comes down to it! I've got a whole troupe of burlesque performers ready to throw down not only with the fish catchin', but with fly tying too. Luckily for you, I picked you for my fantasy team.

13. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

When are you going to be in Tenn. I might be on that river at that time as well.

14. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Rick you get extra points for wearing that mullet wig. Now if you can show proof of you guiding in it on the bighorn with a couple of dry fly guys in orvis attire, I'll buy you a bottle of jamesin.

The one caviot is that they must be over 65 and be totally pissed at you. Extra points if you can include a tall boy in the pic.

15. rick matney

rick matney Active Member

I would totally get fired for that one but it might be worth it! :rofl::rofl:

I think i will go with themes on this one you know. Carp=dressed like englishmen and 6"rainbow=orvis fly guy.....30" brown= gangster hat, flowered shirt and ghetto shades.

Could be entertaining...just saying! ptyd

16. XstreamAngler

XstreamAngler ...has several mistresses.

Just wait, just wait......

SAK

17. SilverFly

SilverFly Active Member

Oh no, save the tweed for paddlefish snagging (hmm, does Alec Jackson make a paddlefish iron?) For carp I'm thinking either top-end Ex Officio flats wear or maybe a really gaudy Tommy Bahama shirt.

Just a thought.

(Geez this is starting to sound like one of those "custom request" modeling sites)

18. Dave Hartman

Dave Hartman is tired of trout

Quick question: Is there a way to do this without posting every photo to the gallery? I posted four fish last night, and even that felt stupid. And had I known Ling were worth four points, I woulda got more pics!

19. Mark Ritari

Mark Ritari Trouthunter

Dave, I am pretty sure there is. Under your user profile, theres a new option to create album. Make sure its set to public, I was messing around with it a little last night and added a picture into that album, and it didnt appear in the regular gallery. But Matney said he created an album, but i cant see it on his profile, and his pictures went to the gallery so i dont know.

20. junebug41

junebug41 Junior Dave Monti fan

Allright -- no Mainer has stepped up to fill out the All-Maine squad, so I had to sign a low-cost (we're strapped, due to Wayne's prima donna salary demands) free agent -- KlintD. He's not from Maine, but he's still good people.

Final roster:

Junebug41
    Wayne Jordan
    Dave Hartman
    Chris Puma
    KlintD