Fantasy Fly Fishing Team / Contest

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Dave Hartman

Dave Hartman is tired of trout

Well laugh it up, cuz now you're on my Lil' League team, too. I cut SickClown and you'll take his place.

So that's:
    MasterAnglerTaylorMade
    FlyTyerBoy95million
    CoastalCutt'nThroats
    Clint F'em
    and the HogStrangler!

[​IMG]

Get out your cameras, get on your bikes, and go fishing! And I wanna see 100 bluegills posted by each of you on opening day!

2. PT

PT Physhicist

Fantasy football, golf, baseball, FISHING? At least Aldo had a good use for the cat that was killed.... Clothing!:thumb:

3. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Young Gunnaz!!!

4. Well i guess i now have a even bigger reason to fish! I now feel obligated.

lol fantasy fly fishing, this is killin me

5. SilverFly

SilverFly Active Member

Hmmm, I would put myself in but I've barely fished in the last 3 years. Now if you extended the contest a month I'll be back from Belize on August 12th (hopefully with some bone/tarpon/cuda, and maaaybe permit pics - insert praying smilie here).

1) SteelieMike - Just because he fishes so damn much (apparently doesn't have a job)
    2) Matney - In spite of his cowgirl cross-dressing tendencies, he catches a lot of nice fish in different places.
    3) Zen - For a smart-ass punk kid he got some serious fish (and chick) mojo.
    4) Anil - Can't say anything sacastic, I just hate the guy cuz he's a salt wizard and I'm jealous.
    5) Ibn - Same with Anil.

6. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

alright i made my first move. ibn hasn't been on here in a couple of weeks which makes me nervous that he's on vacation or something and i don't have time for those shinanigans so, ibn, if you're watching you have been benched and i picked up jergens cause he's young, gifted and black. joe, make daddy some money

7. Steelie Mike

Steelie Mike Active Member

I fish for steelhead and you pick me.......... WTF MIKE!

Soo dirty J. I have been practicing my Russian, Hmong and Vietnamese though. It will help us warn everyone about your backcasts.

8. Steelie Mike

You mean fishing is not my job?

9. Abel1

Abel1 New Member

Spectator sports are not for me!
    So I will just keep on fishing.
    Good luck.

10. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Did you know that Steelie Mike is fond of kittens and smooth jazz?

11. Jergens

Jergens AKA Joe Willauer

Team Jergens!

After a week long spring training trip to the OP i think were ready for the big league. Tough to weed out some of the players (buccola, stevesie, justin, aaron) we got the team!

KEM- Rookie of the year in 07 definitely not going to have a sophomore slump
    LBC- Taught how to fly fish by crump, how can you beat that, and hes going to drill a chinook in the mainstem columbia.
    KevenSamuelson-Has anyone caught this many yak steelhead in one winter?
    Shawnage- If we get behind he'll definitely keep team morale up, and hes hooked the biggest brown i've ever seen.
    Myself- I'll be in montana 2 of the 3 months, so as long as the internets don't break over there we're solid.

Oh yeah, team jerseys will be out for opening day boys!

[​IMG]

12. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

you're my new ringer so you better be killin them.

13. SilverFly

SilverFly Active Member

If I didn't know better I'd say it was!

14. Shawnage

Shawnage Shawn Bechtol

i'm pumped i made varsity... i thought i was a team jergens c-squader for life!

15. Oh-4wt

Oh-4wt New Member

Jergens, solid sounding team, but when did you become black?

16. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

I think someone pointed it out earlier.....

There's no way team Panhandle has a chance in hell. We're a bunch of full-time working husbands and daddies-- Weekend Worriers for sure. We can't compete with these college kids and guides. Gotta go; diapers to change and bills to pay.:D

17. ibn

ibn Moderator Staff Member

Dumbass!! Was in the bahamas, fishing, DUH. Soon as I post some pics your points would go through the roof.

Hot tip, had the best bonefishing I've ever had in 1 day. :)

18. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Too bad it's not May yet...

19. ibn

ibn Moderator Staff Member

That's a good point, I thought it was as of April. :)

20. Steelie Mike

And your Mom!