Fin shot

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by suckegg, Dec 27, 2012.

1. suckegg

suckegg Active Member

I was by myself in a float tube early fall and couldn't quite get the shot I was after so I just started shooting parts. I just have a point and shoot Canon but I thought this fin shot came out like so modern art piece so I thought I'd share it. IMG_3178lw.jpeg

2. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Way cool.
    I see a game here. lets see who can name the fish from the shot. I'm going with smallmouth.

Suck, I am assuming you know the fish type in question.

3. suckegg

suckegg Active Member

Jeff,
    Close but no prize.. fish was caught on the Hancock Tree Farm. I can't recall the name of the particular lake as I just the follow a North Bend resident who knows they area when we go there.
    S

4. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I think squawwie.

5. Big E

Big E Moderator Staff Member

Bluegill

6. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Perch. Only because nobody has guessed that yet. Cool shot.

7. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Do I get to guess again? I have a BIGGER idea.;)

8. suckegg

suckegg Active Member

Bigger is it... bigger being a 1.5 or 2lb largemouth. The lake water was tannic and the fish was mint but the overall hue was certainly different than what we catch out in the basin. I'll have to try a similar shot with other species. I have shown the photo to some who liked it but had no idea what it was.

9. Big E

Big E Moderator Staff Member

Yep...pretty kewl. What type of Canon is it?

10. zen leecher aka bill w

When you said Hancock I was thinking further up the road behind the gates. Wasn't thinking down low.

11. suckegg

suckegg Active Member

That shot was with a G12. This was up beyond the gates... but not waaay up. It certainly did not look like anybody had been in there in some time from the trail and "launch".

12. zen leecher aka bill w

There's 3 bass lakes in the Hancock area that are a short hike. I can't remember how to get to them anymore without referring to a map.

13. suckegg

suckegg Active Member

This was a short hike... might have been Klaus or Bridges looking at the map. I think there is a road closure due to a washout and we had to come in differently than one normally would.