First ever Salmon attempt

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Gary Knowels, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +392 / 0
    I've been reading a lot on here about pinks and coho from the beach and am going to give it a go this year (year 3 of fly fishing). I Have a doctor's appointment next Friday, 8/2, at 10:30 so I'm not going to work at 8 like usual. Figured I might as well make that a morning beach trip. I have a decent selection of pink flies given to me by friends and a fast action 6 weight with floating line.

Anyone interested in meeting on a Seattle area beach at daybreak and fishing together while answering questions that I'll likely have about fishing the beach? I can provide the coffee (with or without homemade kahlua) and homemade sausage for breakfast. PMs are welcome.
  2. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,260 / 1
    I think Gary means 8/2.....:D
  3. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    I certainly do, thanks for the catch!
  4. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Last bump up. Fishing tomorrow morning on a Seattle beach, let me know if anyone wants to meet and get some free coffee and breakfast then attempt to find some fish.
  5. dibling Member

Green Lake
    Ratings: +43 / 0
    Gary I'm out of town this weekend, but would hit the beach any evening next week if you want to go again.

- Troy
  6. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Well no love for me this morning on a MA9 beach. The wind was tough this morning, alternating between 10 and 12 o'clock and with decent force. Saw only 1 fish jump, but it was at least 150 ft from shore. I did run into ten80 though and had a nice chat. I'll be back at it tomorrow.
  7. ten80 Active Member

Anchorage, AK
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    Nice to see that I wasn't the only stubborn fool fighting the wind. Lost one fish because I forgot to check if my fly still had a hook point; otherwise zero action off the beach, but I know many pinks were caught yesterday only a few hundred yards out from where I stood this morning. I'll let you know if I make it out there tomorrow.