First ever Salmon attempt

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Gary Knowels, Jul 25, 2013.

1. I've been reading a lot on here about pinks and coho from the beach and am going to give it a go this year (year 3 of fly fishing). I Have a doctor's appointment next Friday, 8/2, at 10:30 so I'm not going to work at 8 like usual. Figured I might as well make that a morning beach trip. I have a decent selection of pink flies given to me by friends and a fast action 6 weight with floating line.

Anyone interested in meeting on a Seattle area beach at daybreak and fishing together while answering questions that I'll likely have about fishing the beach? I can provide the coffee (with or without homemade kahlua) and homemade sausage for breakfast. PMs are welcome.

2. I think Gary means 8/2.....:D

3. I certainly do, thanks for the catch!

4. Last bump up. Fishing tomorrow morning on a Seattle beach, let me know if anyone wants to meet and get some free coffee and breakfast then attempt to find some fish.

5. Gary I'm out of town this weekend, but would hit the beach any evening next week if you want to go again.

- Troy

6. Well no love for me this morning on a MA9 beach. The wind was tough this morning, alternating between 10 and 12 o'clock and with decent force. Saw only 1 fish jump, but it was at least 150 ft from shore. I did run into ten80 though and had a nice chat. I'll be back at it tomorrow.

7. Nice to see that I wasn't the only stubborn fool fighting the wind. Lost one fish because I forgot to check if my fly still had a hook point; otherwise zero action off the beach, but I know many pinks were caught yesterday only a few hundred yards out from where I stood this morning. I'll let you know if I make it out there tomorrow.