Fishing tomorrow

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by troutpocket, Feb 4, 2003.

1. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

Media:
    Anybody game for a day on the north sound rivers tomorrow? The Sky, Sauk, or Skagit all look good. Send me an email or I'll be goin' it alone . . .:beer2

Rod

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Gonna try the Sultan or the Pilchuck. Don't know which one yet or I could hit them both since they are so close to each other.Had a friend try the Sky today at Two Bit but came away empty handed.

Jim

P/S Give me a hint on what your driving and I'll keep a look out for you. Or aren't you sure where you want to go.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

Since the time to edit has expired,I need to write a new message to my previous one. I've decided to go fish a lake tomorrow. As the rivers don't like me. :bawling

Jim

4. troutpocket

Media:
    I'm going to hit a spot near Rockport and then maybe try a spot or two on Sauk if the Skagit doesn't treat me well. If you change your mind, I'm driving a blue Ford Ranger with a silver canopy. Isn't it a little cold for lake fishing (not that it's going to be any warmer around Rockport)?

Rod

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:

Isn't Rockport a little jaunt from Seattle. As for lake fishing,my butt will be out of the water and only my legs will dangle in the water. One more thing,have you ever tried that bar down by Jackman creek. You got a bar at least a 1/2 mile long.

Jim

6. speyneznbhm

speyneznbhm New Member

where you been parking for that run long walk down the streambed isn't it how about that lay upstream from the mouth of the creek still there haven't fished it yet this year usually wait for the nats
    john

7. crockett

crockett New Member

Media:
    I love that slot above the creek, which may still be running high so access to the river might be a little difficult there??

-Crock

8. greyghost

greyghost Member

Media:
    I was up above Rockport for a couple of hours today...
    The river was at a good level and the color was just about perfect. I came up empty, but it was a beautiful day, and I didnt see one other person fishing the entire river. Good luck up there, and give us a report.

9. troutpocket

Media:
    Yeah, Rockport is a jaunt from Seattle . . .but it's a pretty area. I didn't go all the way out there, though. I fished the Sauk near the White Chuck. Can't imagine a nicer day to get skunked. Got a couple tugs but no real aggressive takes. Stopped by the Stilly on the way home. Chocolate Milk at Lime Quarry.

I'm really starting to impress myself with the progress I've made casting sink-tips:p . . .I've heard there are supposed to be fish in these rivers!

Rod