Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Floating from Monroe to Snohomish

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ray helaers 
#1 ·
I was wondering what the feasibility of floating from Monroe to Snohomish in a drift boat might be. With the water as low as it is I was thinking there might be a lot of rowing involved. Has anyone done this float? Any ideas how long it might take to float this section at this water level?

#2 ·
I floated Lewis St Bridge to downtown Snohomish in March Flows several years back. It actually had a fair bit of decent steelhead water in it, and I imagine you'd find even more water with potential for salmon and SRCs.

But even in the late winter flows it had A LOT of frog water, and required A LOT of rowing. It took us from typical early morning steehead launch to dark (around 4:30-5:00 in March?). At present flows, I don't know if it would be feasable in a day. I guess you do have until 8:30 right now, but it would be a LONG day. I think there's a farm about half way down where you can buy a pass to launch or take out. Try one of the gear boards for info.

Also, Snohomish is in tidewater, and when we did it, the concrete ramp in Snohomish was perched well out of the water when we tried to take out at low tide. We got the boat on the trailer, but it wasn't easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.