Flouro vs Mono Leader for Salmon

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by gibbycu, Sep 19, 2013.

1. gibbycu turns all year

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Well, I ran the 20lb today and got a strike while chatting with someone on the beach, but that's all.
  2. ten80 Active Member

Anchorage, AK
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    A strike is better than what I had this morning, which was a big fat nothing. Guy next to me fishing 10lb tippet also had diddly squat. Stop overthinking and just fish ;)
  3. gibbycu turns all year

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Yeah, I was about to pack it in and was flipping it out there while I talked to a fellow fly flinger and then wham. It was a classic case of truly not caring or paying attention for a moment and then the strike. By the time I could say "oh there's one!", the tugging stopped, the fish showed me some chrome and swam on. I am thankful for the increased heartbeat for 2 minutes out of 3 hours every morning, but I'm ready to slide one up the beach.

Funny thing, I was slinging the fly early this morning and thought I should check my riggins. Pulled the fly up and no hook! The stringer was not broke either. I'm not sure what happened, but I remember thinking that would have been icing on the cake to get a strike only to realize there was no hook on my fly. Glad I caught it before I turned into a crazy Wile E. Coyote, although I may get there yet.
  4. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +312 / 1
    That makes sense. It was just something I had heard but wsn't sure of.