FLY FISHING GUIDE

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by harleytio, Sep 15, 2013.

1. harleytio Member

Chilliwack-BC Canada
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    A friend of mine and I are interested in finding a guide that offers food and accommodation at a reasonable price. We would like to fly fish for Steelhead in the Dean River, Copper River area next fall. We would bring our own rods,reels etc. but we would need to have the proper flies to use or buy. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
  2. Evan Virnoche Guest

Be prepared to pay some serious cheddar cheese
  3. Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Monroe
    Ratings: +583 / 0

I do not think it is going to take you long to find a guide that specializes in what you are wanting. Like Mr Turds stated it is going to cost a considerable amount of money so save up be well prepared so you can have a ton of fun. I am jealous.
  4. BDD Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +216 / 2
    The Dean and the Copper are pretty distinct and geographically separated rivers so you might have to incorporate the services of two outfitters to do them both. Can't offer any insight on the Dean (yet) but I fished the Copper for the first time a few weeks ago while staying at Skeena Wilderness Lodge in Terrace. While it was an unguided trip, we hooked numerous fish in the one run told to us by Stan the lodge owner. He also does fly-in, helicopter trips on the upper river. I had the impression he knows the river well and provided great, healthy meals and nice accommodations. He's a good guy to boot. The downside was the pressure (lots of people) and the color (only fishable one day in a week we were there).
  5. Jim B Flyfishin' and homebrewin'....priorities ?

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +28 / 0
    Give Randy and Pat a call at Lanfear Guest House B&B in Terrace, BC, for wonderful accomodations, great food and very reasonable rates. Randy used to guide the Skeena and Copper, and might be able to connect you to a guide service.
    http://www.dozzi.ca/
  6. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +373 / 0
    See if Nate Treat guides up there. You'd be set.
  7. sopflyfisher Active Member

Where the fish are located
    Ratings: +442 / 0
    Nate treat is the premier guide on the dean. denike tried to employ him but could not retain him. seems treat flies his own vigilante bush plane in and makes a daring landing on a canyon gravel bar. he is the best of the best, the elite. he can Spey cast many hundreds of feet, eats raw meat, and shits icecream.
    danimal likes this.
  8. Evan Virnoche Guest

my only complaint is he does not provide sprinkles
  9. plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +638 / 0

I once saw him parachute out of Air Force 1 onto the Dean, where as soon as he touched down he Spey-cast an intruder he tied (blindfolded and upside down while asleep, no less) directly into the mouth of a 30lb buck steelhead which he landed effortlessly. He then ate bones and shit a ghost, after which he stepped through the door of his Pavati Guardian and ran a class VIII rapid with both middle fingers up.
  10. sopflyfisher Active Member

[quodon'te="plaegreid, post: 870746, member: 21004"]I once saw him parachute out of Air Force 1 onto the Dean, where as soon as he touched down he Spey-cast an intruder he tied (blindfolded and upside down while asleep, no less) directly into the mouth of a 30lb buck steelhead which he landed effortlessly. He then ate bones and shit a ghost, after which he stepped through the door of his Pavati Guardian and ran a class VIII rapid with both middle fingers up.[/quote]

i don't know, that seems a bit far fetched. perhaps the legend grows with each who tell it.

i
    bennysbuddy likes this.
  11. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,267 / 0
    The squidro thread was so awesome on so many levels. Too bad the mods deleted the entire thing. At least I can't find it anymore.
  12. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +293 / 0
    Any chance Nate Treat is related to Chuck Norris?
  13. Evan Virnoche Guest

He is chuck norris
  14. Patrick Allen Active Member

Bothell,WA
    Ratings: +174 / 0
    He wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    plaegreid likes this.
  15. Peyton00 Active Member

Puyallup, Wa.
    Ratings: +293 / 0
    I cant stop laughing..... running the rapids with both middle fingers up is such a great visual, i just cant stop laughing. thanks!
    plaegreid likes this.
  16. sopflyfisher Active Member

i heard he got a girl pregnant over the phone
    Patrick Allen likes this.
  17. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +1,002 / 0
    The only time Nate Treat has been wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake.
    plaegreid and BASS_TURDS like this.
  18. danimal Inglorious Twohander

michiana,SW lk mich
    Ratings: +10 / 0

:D:cool: WHOA DUDE!!! That is totally awesum!!!

YOU JUST DESCRIBED THE ELITE OF DEVGRU;) MAYBE HE'S THE FOUNDER OF THAT BRANCH OF SERVICE.
  19. troutdopemagic Active Member

Lake Stevens, Washington
    Ratings: +134 / 0
    #natetreatmasterrace