fly shops in the Anacortes/Burlington/Mt. Vernon area

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Alex MacDonald, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Looking for any excuse to hit the Rockfish Grill over there, I need some tying supplies and want to check out some new Spey rods, so anybody know if there are some decent shops in that area? There used to be one in Mt. Vernon years ago, but they closed their doors!

2. Jim Paget

Jim Paget Active Member

The closest fly shop is in Bellingham at Confluence Fly Shop. Holiday Sports in Burlington has some stuff but it will never be considered a fly shop. I don't remember ever seeing a Spey rod in there. They do have a small assortment of tying supplies and a few fly rods, primarily Sage.

3. Derek Day

Derek Day Rockyday

Take the time to head up to Bellingham, the Confluence is a real fly shop. Ed and Scott are awesome. I highly recommend it--and it's only a 20 minute drive from Burlington.

hookedonthefly and Chris Johnson like this.
  4. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Ditto on Confluence. If you come over, let me know when and I will meet you for lunch! Scott and Ed definitely talk spey!~ Rick

5. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Also, Confluence is very well stocked with fly tying supplies. They are closed Sunday and Monday but open the rest of the week.

6. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Will do, Rick! I should have some time after Thanksgiving. I'll PM you, and hit Confluence. Chris offered to let me try his Meiser, but Iceland's salmon are calling, too. Hell, it's only money!!!

7. hookedonthefly

hookedonthefly Active Member

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Alex, I'm in the shop that Thanksgiving Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. We are a dealer for Echo, Meiser and Burkheimer. Full line up of Echo demo switch and spey rods. We also have a Meiser 4/5/6 demo. I can scare up a Meiser 6/7 switch and perhaps a 7/8/9 spey as well as a Burkheimer or two if you're interested.

I also have every spey and switch line that Airflo makes as well as a few NextCast short and mid-bellies for demo.

I'd be happy to meet you at Nugent's Corner on a morning prior to opening the shop. Look forward to seeing you! Thank you very much!
    Safe Travels,
    Ed

8. hookedonthefly

hookedonthefly Active Member

Shop hours and by appointment for those flyfishing emergencies!
    Cheers,
    Ed

9. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Holiday sells Sage rods and may have a half dozen or so 2 handers in the store but I wouldn't call them anything close to a "fly shop". Still worth a browse. Decent amount of outdoor gear and a half decent gun shop.

10. Leopardbow

Leopardbow Member

Ed said Meiser and switch.