Flyfishingshow.com ~ Lynnwood. Yes, No?

Discussion in 'Events' started by Bradley Miller, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Jeff Coria Member

Colorado Springs CO
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    How was day one? Worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. sonny86504 New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    It was a little too crowded but I got some good information. Picked up some goodies too.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  3. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +959 / 1
    Keough hackle had some nice necks and saddles for sale. The poet laureate of Woodinville (or whatever town he lives in) Kirk Werner was autographing his books... Nice guy and good illustrator.

Also met Orange Radish, the tenkara guy who ran out of alcohol before I shouted "TENKARA, TENKARA, TENKARA" for all to hear, Evan Burch and a couple more Allen guys, of course the wise Ira of chironomid fame, another guy who also drove over from Moses Lake for the show (surprise, surprise), Ron McNeal and I forget who else I ran into. It was a busy show.

Got in an excellent seminar on soft hackles and learned even more about them. Had a Rick Hafele presentation on fishing emergers and nymphs. All this for the low, low price of $15 and free parking.
  4. Jeff Coria Member

Colorado Springs CO
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I went for the fly film tour tonight. Great videos and scored a fly line for free! Gonna check out the show tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    It was pretty good, there were a lot more fly shops\lodges\outfitters from out of state than I imagined there would be. The fly film tour was pretty good also, some of that footage from the redfish and the arctic circle fishing was pretty amazing.
    flybill likes this.
  6. Bruce Baker Active Member

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +44 / 0
    I enjoyed the show. More folks showed up than they were anticipating and although the parking was free, it was limited. I got there a little after 9:30am and there were about 10 spots left.

It was nice to meet Justin, the owner of Allen Fly Fishing. First spoke to him about 3-4 years ago. Remembered who I was. His customer service at the show was awesome.

I was a little surprised that one of the fly shops I frequent wasn't there.

Overall...glad I went.
  7. Jack Devlin Active Member

Western Washington, Puget Sound area
    Ratings: +957 / 1
    Parking totally inadequate. I kind of feel sorry for all the small business around the parking lot. I tried to find a spot around 1015am. After one too many orbits of the area I went for breakfast. Came back around noon, cruised around, no parking - went home. FWIW