Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Foam fly swap

Swap 
7K views 81 replies 13 participants last post by  Patrick Gould 
#1 ·
I was thinking about starting a foam fly swap and was wondering how many would be interested.Im looking at 2 flies each and maybe 12 tiers.let me know if there is any interest.

Lets make it official.
Foam fly swap with up to 12 tiers doing 2 flies each(22 flies).They need to have foam in there some where.Lets have a due date of April 15 (tax day).All normal swap rules apply.I will send out address when it gets close to time.

1.WABOWMAN Done
2.Steeli Done
3.Derek Young Done
4.Hooked1 Done
5.Ron McNeal Done
6.Ed Call(Mummbles) Done
7.Mayfly Aviator
8.Patrick Gould Done
9.Matt Baerwalde Done
10.Bugboy9 Done
11.ansas Done
12.Kelvin Done

Thanks guys,
Mike

See less See more
#30 ·
WABowman, mine are done too. Not tagged just yet, but I'll try to get them tagged. Are we still meeting up tomorrow in the early afternoon?

#31 ·
Ed,yes we are still meeting up on tuesday,i was going to give you a call this morning.
I have been updating the first post when people are done.I will say i did get 1/2 of someones and have been trying to get ahold of him to let him know.
Thank You Ed for wanting to get them tagged.I have already got some without tags and postage.But it is all part of a swap and i think i did it too on my first one.

#41 ·
Mike, my second dozen will be in the mail tomorrow. These will be my "YakCaddis" which is in the Orvis catalog and made me a whopping $161 last year...so guys, go out and buy a million or so will ya? :0)

Derek
I see what you did there. Send us one to try to tempt us in to keep buying so they are always on hand. Well played.

#45 ·
Just a note y'all: My flies may not be in WaBow's hands by the due date, but they will be in the mail by then. I've had to travel for work a LOT lately, which continues into next week. I'm taking the tying stuff with me next week and will mail from there. Sorry for any inconvenience. Thanks for bearing with me.

#50 ·
Going out in the morning.Only been tying a couple of years.Never worked with foam much.Both the damsel and hopper are both proven patterns for me.Both patterns were given to me by a friend a couple of years ago and did well.The damsel could not be any easier tie.The colors are endless.

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.