NFR Football Rumor

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Olive bugger, Dec 2, 2013.

1. astrofisher

astrofisher Clear Skies

Probably no chance of getting Pinkel?:(

2. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Could be. But I wouldn't surprised if the opening at Montlake could lure Chris Peterson away from Boise State.

K

3. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

A week ago they were asking the question " has Sark done enough?" Saying if he lost to Wazzu he might be gone, well now he is. It's the shits to have to start over but maybe it's for the best?

4. golfman44

golfman44 Coho Queen

Jim Mora will be the next huskies coach.

5. Theron

Theron Active Member

I think Bo Pelini here at Nebraska would be willing to move.

6. Greg Armstrong

Greg Armstrong Active Member

Only time (and a lot of it...) will tell.
    Fits and starts, and no continuity in the program, does not bode well.

Chris Johnson likes this.
  7. Greg Armstrong

Greg Armstrong Active Member

maybe Newweasel?

8. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Well, for sure it will not be another Don James. He was one of a kind.

Having grown up in the Big 10, or 12 or 15 or what ever it is now, I have no love for Washington, other than State Loyality. I can't say that the Big whatever makes me warm and fuzzy all over either. I thought I might be happy with Notre Dame as a boyhood favorite, but since
    Holtz left, they leave a lot on the table too. And then there is ARMY,
    that keeps letting Navy beat their butt. Sooo, I have decided that rather than switch my allegiance to another team, I will switch to another sport. I really like watching girl's beach vollyball, given the dirty old man that I am. :)

bennysbuddy likes this.
  9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Mora wanted to coach here and so did Pinkel. Pinkel did coach under Don James. In fact they were quite good friends.

10. Kaiserman

Kaiserman content

I heard today, that he turned the job down.

11. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Sarkisian: "happy to be back home"... interpretation, just marking time in Seattle; my heart was never in that job...and I have a record to prove it :D.

12. Seems everyone forgets that sark was volunteering to captain the titanic by coming to uw. Prior to him showing up they hadn't had a winning season in 7 years. 8-4 isn't world beating but the 4 losses were to respectable teams. No doubt the program is in better shape now than when he showed up.

I'm sure he was fighting off the blue chip recruits with stick after taking over a winless program.

Porter likes this.
  13. Porter

Porter Active Member

Mora is due in seattle this weekend for a charity event.....no way was UCLA letting him leave and attend seattle without an answer or iron clad promise he would not jump ship.... The answer was yes when the UCLA deal was extended and sweetened by mass quantities of dinero!!!! Right now Im thinking Nussmeir from Bama, the former Idaho Vandal QB and Saint back-up QB. He was here for Locker's and Price's most successful seasons. Done ok at Bama.

14. Bruce Baker

Bruce Baker Active Member

Pinkel may have wanted in about 5 years ago, but then Mizzou was in the Big 12. Now that he's in the SEC and on the verge of a conference championship, I don't see him wanting to leave anymore.

Kent Lufkin and Olive bugger like this.
  15. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I really like watching girl's beach vollyball, given the dirty old man that I am. :)I

I could get into this girls beach volleyball stuff

16. Kaiserman

Kaiserman content

Don't forget about the rumor of Baldwin from EWU.

17. Hi heard they're interviewing the coach from Wapato Middle School.

18. astrofisher

astrofisher Clear Skies

Does she have a winning record?

underachiever likes this.
  19. astrofisher

astrofisher Clear Skies

A friend and co-worker told me many times not to say "that it couldn't get any worse" - he was usually right.

That being said, I find it inconceivable that the next Husky coach could do any worse than Willingham.

Jinx???

20. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Sark had the talent, but he couldn't win the big games. The 8 wins were against the weaker teams.

Kent Lufkin likes this.