WTT For trade- Redington CPX 9' 6wt 4pc! Ideal beach rod, streamer stick, MINT!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by formerguide, Oct 27, 2013.

1. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Ratings: +757 / 0
    So, I recently acquired this CPX rod. It was Redington's top-of-the-line rod last year, and is very fast, capable of throwing a lot of line. This rod is like new, cast 2 times, and comes complete with sock and tube. Not a mark on it, fully warrantied, this is a perfect beach rod where throwing long distances repeatedly is the norm. Comes with the saltwater anodized reel seat with woven graphite insert, and small fighting butt. Again, great stick for beach salmon or SRC's, also the right size for streamers out of a boat (I'd say upline it in that instance, it is very stiff and very fast.) Retail for this new was $299.

I am looking for any good trades. My ultimate goal, is to keep trading until I get a pontoon boat, so I'm listening to any good trades out there. I started all of this with a broken RS3 9' 5wt, was replaced with a brand new Redington Voyant when I sent it in for repair; I then traded the Voyant for the CPX here. So I'm hopeful I can keep trading my way up to a boat or something else cool! Thanks, will consider all trades.

Dan

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Good Seller / Buyer Good Seller / Buyer x 1
    • List
  2. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Just a bump...

I'll consider any trades. Rod, reel, fly tying stuff, Legos, you name it!

Dan
  3. tling70 Member

delta, british columbia
    Ratings: +4 / 5
    Do you shoot? I have some hunting stuff. If you throw a reel in, I may be willing to trade the rod for an outcast fat cat v boat.
  4. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    I have a mint, Airflo reel that matches perfectly. It's a 6/7 reel, will take a photo in the morning and post it. I'd definitely be interested in the Outcast. The reel was fished once on a switch rod of mine for about, oh, 2 hours. It has a Clouser 6wt floating line on it as it is, perfect for the rod.

What condition is the boat (how old? Wear?)

Thanks!

Dan
  5. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Here is the reel, as mentioned, it is an Airflo T6 reel. Fully machined, centerline disc drag, pretty sharp. Basically new.

I'll include the reel for anyone else interested as well for additional enticement. Again, any and all trades considered, end goal is something I will actually use, a boat would be nice but I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks for looking!

Dan

[IMG]
  6. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Bump!

Here's a little known fact... Bump, in is instance, is actually an acronym, and stands for Bring Up My Post. There you have it!

Anyway, still taking offers. Rod, or rod and reel, looking for trades only unless someone offers me some silly amount of money.

Want to end up with a boat, as mentioned, or something else I will use. Thanks for looking!

Dan
  7. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    Ratings: +155 / 0
    Spey rods? TFO Deer creek 13'6 8/9 with matching scandi.
  8. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    I just realized we are in a swap together. Nice flies! Your gonna dig my sculpins
  9. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Cool, can't wait!

What condition is the TFO? I actually own that same rod but I might be good for trading anyway since my end goal is a boat. Anything else come to mind? Let me know, PM a pic of you can, thanks!

Dan
  10. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    Its in very good shape. Warrantied it and came back with 3 new pieces including the cork. Prlly fished it twice since. Ill ship ya some pics this afternoon.
  11. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Bump, not sure if either of you were still interested but I'd be game for either trade assuming condition is good! Thanks!

Also still open to any other trade possibilities!

Dan
  12. Blake Harmon Active Member

Spokane, Washington
    Yeah sorry I just spaced the pics. Ill take them in the morning.
  13. buckknife New Member

Canada
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    There is a Spratley for sale on FlyBc for 1500 what a deal for someone
    Jeff Dodd likes this.
  14. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Bump, still no solid offers, I'm open to any trades, anything and everything considered!

Dan
  15. Alexander Fishon

WA
    Ratings: +335 / 0
    My Orvis 9.5, 4pc 5wt Power Matrix TLS tip flex with missing insert in the first guide. Nice original rod tube included. For your 6wt
  16. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Bump! Still looking for a good trade (I'll pass in the Oripvis above but thanks for the offer!)

Dan

Also looking for a 7wt reel if that helps.
  17. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Soooo...

Trade thing didn't work out, so how about this.

First $140 takes it, $180 with the reel and line.

Half of the sale price will go to the purchase of some new toys for our local Toys For Tots tree, 'til the season after all!

Thanks,

Dan
  18. Shaun Martin Member

Ratings: +10 / 0
    I'll take the rod for $140.00. Pm coming!
  19. formerguide Active Member

Bonney Lake, WA
    Sold! Thanks, PM replied!

Thanks WFF site owners and admins.

Dan