Frogg togg pilot II waders?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by WA-Fly, Sep 8, 2013.

1. WA-Fly

WA-Fly Active Member

Media:
    Any body know any thing about them. I'm looking at buying a pair, thanks.

2. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

I have a buddy who bought a pair last winter when we went to the O.P, so they lasted one trip anyway.

3. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

I have a pair of Frog Togg waders I bought at the first of the year. The only problem I've found is that the knee does not appear as articulated so when using them with a pontoon boat, as I do, they eventually start binding at the inner knee and become uncomfortable... but not terribly so.

That wouldn't be a problem if you plan to primarily use them on rivers.

They are imports, of course, but appear well made and after using them on 10 or so trips, no leaks so far. I do like the fact that the neoprene feet are not so danged large as they are on my Bailey's.

One thing for sure, you can't beat the price.

4. WA-Fly

WA-Fly Active Member

Media:
    Yeah the price is really what's drawing me

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    That's one thing they can't seem to make right the foot sizes to go along with the waist sizes. To get something to fit right, you have to get a size to big to make the feet fit right or a size down. Nobody is happy with the things now, But they can't make them for fat people with small feet. Maybe they should make then to fit by getting yourself measured before you buy. Custom made waders.

6. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

My first pair of Dan Bailey's came with the correct foot size for use with my flippers. When I purchased a second pair, they had changed the design and made the feet section larger... same model, same size, larger feet. They didn't fit in my flippers worth a damn so I bought the Frog Toggs and they fit perfectly well into my fins.

As usual, a company (Bailey's in this case) tried to fix a product that wasn't broke and ended up breaking it.

7. snarlac

snarlac Member

Gene is right about the DB's; the bootfeet are huge for a medium; not sure what is up with that - other than flippers, they seem to bunch up around the ankles but can be dealt with ; on the other hand, my second pair with the huge bootfeet didn't leak after a week like the perfectly fitting first pair - lasted two years so far without any leak and I wear them alot.