Fucking done

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Darthmonkey, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Darthmonkey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +155 / 0
    When do you give up on a rod/rifle/bow and just set the bitch on fire? The mojo is gone, or the juju has gone flabby and flaccid. Can't sell the damn thing because the yuppie brigade will give you low ball offers, and the e*ay crowd will return shit for the most minor of cosmetic defect, I mean REALLY? At what point do you just say, "Fuck this." and set your Meiser on fire?

*edited content. Ed Call
  2. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    I think most people are pretty done with selling on ebay, so much buyer protection with paypal...as far as the rod goes I have one I have tried to sell a few times and everytime it doesnt sell I take it out fishing and catch a bunch of fish, almost makes me fall in love with it again...for a little while.
  3. Thom Collins Active Member

Kirkland, WA
    Ratings: +65 / 0
    Never. Lean times make the good times gooder.
  4. Thom Collins Active Member

Kirkland, WA
    I may have missed it. "Done fishing/hunting" or "Done trying to sell it"?
  5. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,307 / 4
    Um.......what?
  6. Darthmonkey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Done with the rod, ever since I ETS'd and moved back here I have not brought a fish to hand with that rod. Either LDR'd or the rod breaks but can't seal the deal with it. My burkie, winston, and loop rods have all brought me steelhead, this rod is cursed. I can't get rid of it. I am seriously considering setting it on fire as a sacrifice to the anadromous fish gods.
    swike, Jason Rolfe and Kcahill like this.
  7. Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,264 / 1
    Please take pictures of the fire.
    Ron McNeal, Mark Mercer, GAT and 4 others like this.
  8. Thom Collins Active Member

Kirkland, WA
    Would trying to swap it be any easier? I feel like I get a bigger bang for the buck I invested in music and recording gear this way than I do trying to sell it. Just throwing it out there.
  9. Darthmonkey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    If you have a 7133 Winston BIIX or 7133-3 Burkie, NIT with warranty card. I've got 300 bucks and a fully functioning meiser to trade ya.
  10. David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Walla Walla, WA
    Ratings: +783 / 0
    Send it to me, I will remove the curse and return it to you.
    tonemike, GAT and constructeur like this.
  11. wichaka Active Member

White Salmon, Washington
    Ratings: +32 / 0
    Hmmm an exorcism for fly rods? Might catch on, you may have something here.
  12. Phil Fravel Friendly

Bonney Lake
    Ratings: +96 / 0
    I had the same problem with a great pair of boots. I finally donated it to Healing waters. Made me happy to do so
  13. sweetlou Member

La Quinta, California
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    Why not donate it to some kid???
  14. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,739 / 0
    Don't burn it! The smoke will infect your other rods!

There is an exorcism for rods possessed by demons. However, it is complicated and kind'a... well... messy. I can't reveal the exact procedure here but for the low, low price of $29.95 I will e-mail you the instructions. This is a limited, Internet Only Offer. But wait! If you PM me today, I'll include the instructions for a reel exorcism absolutely free.

PayPal accepted. (Not valid in Balonia, Elbonia or Madupia.)
    Steve Call, rustybee and Mark Mercer like this.
  15. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +797 / 1
    I knew I needed to move from Elbonia, that seals it, I'm gone...
    Steve Call likes this.
  16. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,739 / 0
    You know... except for the F-bomb... there's a cartoon in all this :D
    FinLuver likes this.
  17. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +440 / 0
    I can see a problems for chickens in all of this.

Dead chickens hanging from door ways all over angler land.

Exorcism for wayward rods all over the place, due to Gene's generous on line offer.

If my credit cards were not all maxed out, I would send you the
    $29.95 for that pesky 5 weight in my quiver.
  18. Kenneth Yong Member

Rome, Italy
    Ratings: +111 / 0
    Gene, may I pay for the reel exorcism and get the rod one free? BTW, what's PayPal? Can I give you US dollars or Elbonian shillings instead? If yes, please give me your online bank account details together with your username and password and I'll make payment ASAP.

Yours faithfully,
    Kenneth in Nigeria
  19. Kenneth Yong Member

Rome, Italy
    Ratings: +111 / 0
    Oops, double post, stupid phone.

Kenneth
  20. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,036 / 1
    I would wait for a starless night and then, by the light of an alderwood fire, annoint the rod with the juice of fermented potatoes. The high priest (annointer) is required to wear a uni-sex thong, the prescribed garb of the Seattle Queen Anne metrosexual.

This should render the bad ju-ju harmless and return the rod back to fish hooking and landing. If this ceremony fails a good baptism of spawning chum slime would make it stink enough so that you would not mistake this rod for one of your preferred ones.

On a personal note, I had a bad benchrest rifle that I had bought from a fellow shooter, who bought it from another shooter, who got it from another shooter.... You'd have think I would have picked up on that mobility. It had accuracy issues, usually mid-group. I named the rifle "Christine", after the movie as it seemed truly evil. Shortly afterwards I sold it to a fellow shooter who also transferred it to another shooter.