Fucking done

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Darthmonkey, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,652 / 0
    I know how he feels. Since I moved to Montana, I have no use for my 8wt rod and reel set up. I tried to sell it here but no takers. I ain't going to EBAY. It just sits in the corner and collects dust. But it's in a case.
  2. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +715 / 2
    I'll pay shipping.
  3. Darthmonkey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +147 / 0
    You know, since the vokey is in town, maybe she can heal this cursed rod.
  4. Nooksack Mac Active Member

Bellingham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +109 / 0
    Don't do it, Darth! Deliberately burning a Meiser is practically begging for Old Testament-level Divine Retribution!:mad:
  5. Darthmonkey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    It had been suggested that I donate it to a worthy cause, then I got to thinking, what could entail more karmic justice than a disabled vet donating a spey rod to a program specifically for taking out disabled vets flyfishing? Yup, I think PHW is gonna get themselves a Meiser.
  6. SilverFly Ancient Steelhead Sensei

Camas, WA
    Ratings: +50 / 0
    I prefer the term "Ducking Fun" myself. It's stupid but I'm easily amused and it can be tossed about in mixed company. Not that seems to be an issue here.
  7. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +675 / 0
    Send it to me, I specialize in rod rebilitation it could take ten years or so but I promise to turn this cursed rod into a fish catching machine. all my rods have a positive mojo & are eager to preform!!!
  8. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    thats a pretty kick ass idea!

Thank god im only a measily 30% disability from the VA, i am blessed to say i was not seriously injured in the service, like some of the unfortunates.

i too will keep in mind donating some gear as well
  9. Fishee Member

seattle
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    EBay is completed garbage. But it is one way to get rid of your junk or trash at home. If you can sell it dirt cheap and you're not losing any money. I say that is a win. All the stuff i've been selling in ebay is dirt cheap. I just feel better than stuff sitting in house collecting dust. A few bucks here and there adds up in the end. But i never expect to gain profit. I think ebay is more of garbage dump.
  10. Christian Brewer Super Slacker

Slacking in Mill Creek
    Ratings: +17 / 0

You're going to make their day...and a lot of good fishing karma is in your near future as a result! Nice work!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free
  11. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +989 / 0
    It's just karma getting back at you for not selling me it

In all seriousness tho if you donate it that's awesome
  12. Darthmonkey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Happy ending, Jerry took control of this rod and SGS head last Wednesday or Thursday, and Friday I scooped up my 7133 B2X Winston. Gonna fish her Saturday and hopefully pop her cherry. Yatzee!
    PT, David Dalan and Chris DeLeone like this.
  13. Tacoma Red Active Member

Kitsap
    Ratings: +292 / 0
    Strap a space shuttle amount of Estes Rockets to it and send it into orbit. Attach a GoPro and send us the Uboob link.
  14. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

out of state now
    Ratings: +211 / 0
    The truth? I give most of my stuff to friends or sell it to them at such low price it is still a gift. I'd rather give it to friends than sell it to strangers. No, I'm not your friend and I don't want any of your stuff, I do wish you luck in solving your anguish.
  15. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    Good deal and many karma points coming your way.
    I'm glad I didn't see any fire pictures as well ;)
    SF
  16. Ron McNeal Turtles or universes? I can't decide....

Poulsbo, WA
    Ratings: +138 / 0
    Hey: Vokey & uni-sex thong in the same thread. Yes!!!
  17. FinLuver Active Member

Mid-Willamette Valley
    Ratings: +97 / 0
    I hope y'all wore "protection" passin' her around like that?? :eek: