Gotta love the neighbor's wife

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by KB2, Jun 8, 2013.

1. KB2

KB2 Active Member

Neighbors wife called me over, said her dad left her some old fishing stuff and wanted to know if I was interested. Gave her 50 bucks and she was happy, here is the stuff I got.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wadin' boot, Jeff Dodd and Freestone like this.
  2. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Nice score!

3. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Love that creel!!!

Kent Lufkin likes this.
  4. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

I grew up with creels like that and used them regularly. Don't know whatever happened them.........

5. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I like it and need to move to the town you live in.

6. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

I was going to say I think one of the Ten Commandments has something to say about loving the neighbor's wife, but I see that you meant it in a different way. Looks like she got a good deal. Well, maybe you did too. Old wicker creels in good condition are just about impossible to find.

Sg

7. speyfisher

speyfisher Active Member

They get made into lamps, along with all the other stuff he got. :) On the look out for an old boo or glass rod. Bet he'll be frequenting the thrift shops regularly now. :D

fredaevans likes this.
  8. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

Yeah, I've seen those lamps... What a waste.

9. Love that old stuff, I used my dad's creel just like it as a kid. I've got a couple creels like that in my Montana lodge. I just found an old Hardy bamboo rod that will go into a showcase (after a few trout check it out).

10. Dipnet

Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Wow! You're really taking me back!

I remember the old man having a black Martin automatic even tho' I can't remember him ever fly fishing. In my memory he was always still-fishing bait or tossin' bass plugs next to the lily pads.

And I really remember those Pflueger sliding split shot tins! I also can recall the old 2 1/2 h.p. Elgin we had where you had to wrap the separate rope starter cord around the plate on the motor top!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!! :)