Guys guys guys! It's a cannon, that shoots FISH over DAMS.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by plaegreid, Aug 13, 2014.

1. plaegreid

plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

2. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

ssshhhhhhh....quite down you. We're busy arguing about game vs. food fish licenses!!

3. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows The Thought Train

salmon wars takes on a new meaning.

fredaevans and Gary Knowels like this.
  4. CLO

CLO Boats and cohos

5. plaegreid

plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

From the article: "the Department of Energy and the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife will be testing the fish cannon in the coming weeks."

FUCK YES.

Gary Knowels likes this.
  6. tinman207

tinman207 Active Member

Fly fishing will get a boost from this.....finally you CAN catch a fish from just false casting!....gonna start practicing my "shadow casting" floss technique.

Irafly likes this.
  7. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Sweet. read some comments from the link

...angusm said:
    "I know what you're thinkin', punk. You're thinkin' did he fire six fish or only five? Now to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But bein' this is a Whooshh Innovations salmon cannon, the most powerful fish launcher in the world, you've got to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?!"

8. tinman207

tinman207 Active Member

20lb dead salmon whizzes by his head during prototyping....."hey guys.....I thought of a possible company name......"

9. Luke77

So, let me get this straight...lifting a fish out of the water for a picture will kill it, but shooting it through a freaking CANNON is perfectly acceptable.

10. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

I want to see them shoot fish over Grand Coulee:)

11. Luke77

How did I not know they were testing this at Roza? Paul Huffman, get in here!! You know I would have LOVED to see this.

12. Jim Kerr

Jim Kerr Active Member

Finally.

Ron McNeal likes this.
  13. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

This may be the greatest thing to ever be posted on WFF. Well done!

xdog and plaegreid like this.
  14. Luke77

Takes new meeting to "fly" fishing...

The newest gear will be 30 ft rods with a large net attached to the end and they'll be called "interceptors".

15. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

triploidjunkie said: "I want to see them shoot fish over Grand Coulee:)"

The idea as showed seems to me like it would work at small dams like Roza but large dams might require more research.

If it were a water pump that could just suck fish, along with water...maybe it could work to suck fish over GC dam?

Luke77, maybe we could use shotguns instead of fishing poles...tough to be sure about the adipose though. It could be called shooting "fish on the fly".

Josh likes this.
  16. Luke77

OOHHH, and the guides of the future will be former NBA stars that didn't understand what "investment" meant and blew through their money like Darryl Strawberry blew threw a pound of coke.

Okay, I'm done now...I think....

Gary Knowels likes this.
  17. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Nick, we have got to get this for our beach fight club show down! We can launch fish at the plane as it's coming in! (clipped resident coho, of course) :D

Dipnet and Nick Clayton like this.
  18. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Yes!!! We will make it rain rezzies!

19. tinman207

tinman207 Active Member

Here you go....
    Whoosh.jpg

Ryan Higgins, xdog, Josh and 6 others like this.
  20. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

The tradgectory is off, those fish ain't gonna make it, they're headed for the tarmac below.