Help! Taking kids fishing tomorrow morning!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jeff Cheng, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Please don't kill me for bringing up fishing bait/gear with the little cousins!!! :) fly fishing is just too hard to manage with the kiddies. But some day :) some day :)

Just looking to get them into fish. They haven't fished much in the past. Has got to be from shore/dock and within 30mins of Bellevue.

Any tip helps! Thanks so much, in advance, everyone!

2. Pretty much any lake, hook, sinker, worm. That's all you need :)

3. Lake washington/sammamish. Downtown Kirkland may have some dock access

4. Another option is Pine Lake in Sammamish.

Scott Salzer and Evan Virnoche like this.
  5. what jim said. pine has some lunky mcnastys too.

6. Not sure how old the kids are but take plenty of snacks and be prepared for short attention spans....

7. Scott, that sounds like most of us adults...:eek:

Sawyer and Jeff Cheng like this.
  8. I bring the snacks for my dad.

Thanks for all the suggestions. My thinking was hitting Washington with worms. Sounds like that might be the plan then.

Irafly likes this.
  9. Blueberry lake just a tad south of the old Bellevue Kaufmanns.

10. Pine lake is good because if they are bored there is a cool playground and they can also swim there.

11. Are there actually fish in blueberry?

Thanks for all the help guys but my cousins decided to cancel :( Maybe it's a sign to go to the cedar in the morning instead!

Funny story about Pine and the playground. Took a friends family and their daughter couldn't sit still so she would run up to the playground for 10 mins, come back and BAM FISH ON! that's how she got her limit. Her poor dad sitting next to her spot couldn't catch a fish all evening.

Steve Call likes this.
  12. Crappie and bass are in Blueberry.

13. Bummer on the cancellation.
    On another note, this a good chance to make sure you have enough life jackets for the next trip. :)

Jeff Cheng likes this.
  14. Just remember to have fun and take a deep breath once in awhile.

Jeff Cheng likes this.
  15. Thanks for all the suggestions and help guys!

taking kids out fishing might be my favorite part of fishing (expect on those days when I want to be alone :))