Hevi Beads

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by tyeoneon, Nov 27, 2012.

1. quality, not quantity.

" Bro. They catch more fish than eggs with crack sprinkles on top... tell that to the limit of chromers I dusted this morning... I guess you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him rope chromers"

Three gems right there. Yee... F'ing... Haw.

2. Even shit has varying degrees of quality.

Small things amuse small minds

3. Awesome!

4. Or is it possible that our minds become too muddled with the complex that we fail to just have fun with the simple things in life. Maybe it actually takes a truly ingenious mind to find amusement in the small things. Just saying if you can't have fun catching fish or allowing others to have fun catching fish regardless of the method maybe others are not the minds you should be judging.

Methow and Bothellfisher like this.
  5. Sensative.

Go Sox,
    cds

Irafly likes this.
  6. Coming from you Charles I'll call it a compliment, see all a matter of perspective.

7. The "roping chromers" bit is a gem I am probably going to carry with me for the rest of my life..

8. Thats a first, a bead guy refering to himself as a purist

9. Shouldn't I get a "like" for a compliment?

I mispelled sensitive though. Weak on my part. I can't even claim I was drinking 'cuz I've been sick and not drinking.

Go Sox,
    cds

10. This Dustin Chromers character. And really, I think it is a character, is genius. It wouldn't surprise me if he has never used beads in his life. Just someone trying to yank some chains. If so, he obviously did a great job. And at the same time, being hilarious.

Then again. I could be completely wrong. But, I think many of you fell for it.

At least I got some great catch phrases to use next time I'm on the river.

JesseCFowl and underachiever like this.
  11. i bought heavi-beads on saturday at 3rivers only because of this thread. Unfortunately i didnt rope any chromers on sunday. just a coho

stilly stalker likes this.
  12. Done and done! :)

13. Oh for hell sakes, that is just pathetic!

14. This is funny, all the fuss about these beads.

I've been getting mine for years at craft stores..

15. Yep and the vise you can buy at Harbor freight for only 2.99

16. As with all holes, they can be made larger, best to start small and slowly work itto the right size.

17. Thats what she said, hehe sorry had to say it.

18. They will break right off

19. I suggest cutting a candy necklace and using the 'beads' from that. That way they can melt into the current and 'milk' a scent trail...

20. I've never fished a bead by itself. However, I have put a bead on as part of an egg sucking or egg pooping leech. Can't tell you if the fish like the addition or not. But, the beads do have a bit of weight, so it is something to use when you need something more than nothing and less than dumb bells..

Also. A smaller egg is perfect as a way to prop up materials in an intruder style. As opposed to a dubbing ball. Serves multiple purposes.

Flyborg likes this.