Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Historic Sea Run Cutthroat Fly Pattern Faceto Face Swap

Swap 
9K views 64 replies 14 participants last post by  Davy 
#1 ·
What is your favorite historic Sea-Run Cutthroat Fly?

Ok this ones gonna be good!

When: Saturday February 11, 2012
What: a Historic Sea Run Cutthroat Fly Pattern
Where: Steve Rohrbach's House, Seattle (Wallingford)
Who:

(1) Kelvin-Allard Orange
(2) Roger-Ferguson Green and Silver
(3) Steve Rohrbach - Johnsons Beach Fly
(4) MountainTrout- Lambuth Candlefish
(5) Steve Knapp- Dead Chicken
(6) Dry Fly Larry - Silver Brown -mailing flies unable to attend event
(7) Double-D -Knudsen Spider
(8) Tyeechuck -Spuce Fly
(9) Richard Torres-Borden Special
(10) Ron McNeal- Haig-Brown Mysid
(11)Smalma -Fall Muddler
(12)Preston-Reverse Spider
(13) Jimmy M -some SRC fly

See less See more
#3 ·

Who:

(1) Kelvin-Allard Orange
(3) Steve - Johnsons Beach Fly
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)

#7 ·
I'll catch us up on the list:

Who:

(1) Kelvin-Allard Orange
(3) Steve - Johnsons Beach Fly
(4) MountainTrout- Lambuth Candlefish
(5) Steve Knapp- Dead Chicken
(6) DFL - Silver Brown
(7) Double-D -Knudsen Spider
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)

#29 ·
LOL.

No she's fine Kelvin although she does run away from me when she see's me with scissors:clown:

I can't wait to meet everyone and their patterns and for the extra guest I'll bring some extra flies or he can have Larry's :clown:.

Sorry you won't be making Larry.

#20 ·
Kelvin and All,

I am so bummed out because I likely will not be able to make the swap in Seattle. I made a stupid mistake and decided to take a "part-time" JOB!!!! I think this is a big mistake, but it is Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays only. At least I can beat the crowds and not fish weekends. This is just hard because I have been retired off and on after a long enough career. I suspect I will quit by mid summer so I can take off more and fish. I can use a few extra buckos right now tho, and perhaps pay for some extra fishing and equipment and oh................the new Discovery Pass!!!!! I really was looking forward to meeting you WFF guys I haven't met!!! Darn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I start this Saturday at this lazy brainless source of income.

#22 ·
Hey, those are looking good Steve. I'm still in the swap. If Ron McNeal is still heading over, he could deliver/pickup for me possibly if I can twist his arm. Yes, we should go hit a beach sometime together. After this week, it appears to be a long winter!

#24 ·
I just finished tying Ferguson Green and Silver patterns(see attachments) for the swap. I used SFL(synthetic living fibre) dubbing in Fl. line green for the body head and white artic fox tail for the wing and tail with a little pearl Krystal Flash over the top.

Looking forward to the swap!

Roger

#26 ·
Glad to see people are making headway on tying for the face to face. I am suggesting that we meet at my house at 4PM. I have arranged to have some good BBQ for the swap. I will also have some great local beer. I caught hell for not inviting a good friend to the swap who is a master tier. He has been included (host discretion) and he will tie a Bucktail Coachman. He is a WFF stalker who goes by "reelin-n-dealin". If you have time to tie one more fly that is great. If not, he is happy just to be included. I will have some space set up to tie so if you want to tie some flies, feel free to bring your vise and materials. More details coming soon. I am excited to see you all. Dry Fly Larry, understand your situation and am disappointed you won't be here. Steve and I will catch up with you on the Canal sometime soon. Please feel free to pm me if you have any special food needs.
Good tying. Steve

#27 ·
Sorry to hear you can’t make it Larry I was looking forward to meeting you, maybe there will be other opportunities.
Great looking Ferguson Roger I’m looking forward to the Face to Face as well.
No problem at all Steve we welcome your friend Reelin another excuse for me to tie more of these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.