Hohdown roll call

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jeff bandy, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

The 1st 27 cup is for me. Rest of you bastards better hope the rest is enough. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll be doing two pots a morning. I do have the caraffes, so if it looks like I'm running low, will fill those up and toss on another perc. Hope you all aren't expecting starbucks. I'm not making sissy coffee. I'm making folgers which will be hot and strong. Non of that Metrosexual crap. :thumb:

2. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

honestly the mass amounts of coffee sound better then the mass amounts of beer.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Yeah, all that coffee will result in Wide awake drunks.

4. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

ride worked out... disregard edited post

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I don't drink coffee. Maybe I should be selling my share?

6. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Boy you guys better be satisfied and better have a great time, no camplaining and bitching, I so don't want to hear it. I'm being stuck here at home while you get out togeather and I have no recourse that would enable me to go. I am sure hoping that I'm back in good enough shape by next year and that this year doesn't screw up my chances of going next year. or else I'm going to need one of you to be my baby sitter next year so I can go then. This is really a piss poor way to have to read to all of your complaliniinig and bitchiing and whinning when I only want to be able to go and meet some of you and try a little fishiing, have a beer or two and get back in one piece. I'm hoping for the best of weather and water and fishing for all of you. So don't meess it up for the future participants, bring back good stories and pictures and examples of flyfishing for all of us to get psyced uo about. Thanks

7. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

Ok, I can get to seattle. Step one is solved. Mumbles and Matt, I sent you both a PM to see about how I can get to the river from seattle metro. If anyone else has a seat feel free to chime in.

Also, I will are there still any open seats in boats? I have rowed one time and am happy to work on my rowing (thanks panhandle for the first lesson) and will be happy to work the oars my share on whatever boat I can ride in. Thanks to everyone's generous offers and help in getting me to the event, I look forward to meeting you all and experiencing the Hoh. Maybe I will get lucky and be able to catch my first steelhead and make jmills proud.

I am gonna be taking either amtrak or greyhound to seattle, so anyone who has plans to travel from seattle and can let me ride in a seat, the back of the truck, or strapped to the roof please let me know.

edit: it looks like the amtrack is cheaper, and it arrives in seattle at 10:45 AM and I could catch it tues, weds, or thursday.

8. Matt Smith

Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Minor kid glitch, I may now be coming over on Thursday instead of Wed. Just save me a good tent spot!

9. Ed Call

Dustin, as I've been coordinating with Rob Ast, Bitterroot and Mark Walker we seem likely to meet in Kingston. Bainbridge is a possibility but will require a bit more coordination as it is about 30 minutes from our current planned meeting spot. Sorry, having not heard from you I moved on to planning with the other three guys. I sent you my phone number, give me a call tonight or tomorrow.

If Amtrak is cheaper that is cool, but the arrival time is a bit later than we planned on heading out and also still requires you get from amtrak to the ferry then across.

10. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

I still plan to attend Thursday morning through Sunday.

11. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

i might have an extra seat available

12. Islander

Islander Steve

I'm there Tues. but have to leave late Thursday. Three days to eat and drink....and maybe even fish! Jerry, I'll bring some cash for you. Looking forward to the grub and seeing some folks again.

13. Ed Call

Where is flybill? Is he already out there catching all the fish? The cast of characters continues to grow to impressive numbers and names!

14. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Dustin,
    Amtrak and Greyhound both go to Everett. If you could get to Everett Station by about 8 AM on Wednesday morning I could pick you up and get you all the way there.

Lonnie

15. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

i've determined that the keg of homebrew that i have to bring is the worst beer i've ever brewed. i highly recommend at least slight intoxication before trying it. this is what i get for brewing a beer not on my own system

16. Matt Smith

Ok so we will drink other stuff to get us there and Evans to really bring it on home.

I will now officially be coming over first thing Thursday Morning.

17. Ed Call

Worst like a helth risk or worse like tastes like San Miguel, Heineken or some other swill? I see no problem taking in one or two to soothe the palate before enjoying your home brewing efforts. I'm sure that a keg of such fine craftsmanship will not go to waste.

Bob, who's bitching? We are getting ready for some nice fishing and socializing, nothing to bitch about there!

18. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

off as in it's slightly sweet and just off. it was a batch i brewed on a buddy's system where we brewed 12gal and split it between us. i got less than half the hop utilization i do on my system, so it's nothing like i had intended it to be. oh well... most people there will just be after the alcohol in there anyway :p

19. Matt Smith

We could dry hop it in the keg to bitter it up a bit.

20. <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jYRiWn-ug38&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jYRiWn-ug38&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RONI RONESKI AND OB1 with be attending