Hohdown roll call

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jeff bandy, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,497 / 2
    that's a fantastic idea. don't know why i didn't think of it. a sac o hops will be added!
  2. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

No it all sounds good now, I just don't want to hear any later from those of you who go. I don't even get the chance to get out. Once I'm in better shape so I don't need help or one of the boys can get out to go along then I'll be okay. I'm really looking forward to being able to go some time. If I don't ever make it then my fishing days are over and I won't be much good for anything else. Just go have a great time.
  3. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +163 / 6
    Anyone that is going to the Hoh need a air pump for their tube or toon? I have a Coleman dual action air pump in great shape with all the fittings I don't need. These things go for around $20 so It's not worth shipping it. I'll trade it for a couple of steelhead flies, a bottle of bad whiskey, or a shot or two of good scotch, whatever you got. I'll be bringing it with me. Steve
  4. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +6 / 0
    Weather is lookin good! Big system about to slam the penn, but it looks like it should clear up after that. Now, from what I have read (limited) and never experienced, fish like to come in on high tides and high water.

ofc it is weather, and its the rainforest, so i know its actualyl just gonna pour rain the whole time!

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/?wfo=sew

western us, infraded, 16km.
  5. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    I'm really looking forward to some fine food and drink, and maybe catching my first Steelhead! Save me some beer, I'll be there friday night. I plan to sleep in my truck so won't need a whole campsite, just a place to park near the kegs ;) -Josh
  6. Jim Henderson Member

bainbridge island
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Dustin,
    Sent you a PM about the possibility of a ride out to the Hoh on Thursday.
    Jim
  7. Dustin Bise Active Member

Thanks Jim, I am gonna head out with Ed on wednesday, but I replied to your pm with some thoughts!
  8. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,497 / 2
    alriiiiiight. Put in a half ounce each of US Golding and Sorachi Ace. Should add a nice aroma to it if nothing else. I'll at least bring a "private stock" of some bottles of other beers to share with the beer geeks.
  9. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Now that's what I'm talkn about!!!!!!!!!!!:beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1::beer1:
  10. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +781 / 0
    ach Laddie, ye dinna brush yer teeth wi` beer, that's what the Irish whiskey's fer!!
  11. orangeradish Bobo approved

Capital City
    Ratings: +460 / 0
    Steelhead, beer, whisky, and new friends. Feck, I can't wait.
  12. Dustin Bise Active Member

Well, my trip officially starts 2 hours. My backpack is all loaded and im ready to go get on the train.
  13. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +579 / 5
    Well, most of the food has been bought. Dropped over $400 today. Will be buying the last of the food and filling up the propane tanks tomorrow. Will be loaded well for food. So those of you going, if you leave hungry it's your own damned fault. :)
  14. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    Just wanted to say thanks again Jerry for handling the grub! -Josh
  15. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Going to try and get out tomorrow through the weekend. Gotta check a few things today, but it's likely. Will have cigars, a bit o' Jameson and some food. Hope to see the Zoo out there!
  16. Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Bremerton, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Just got confirmation of the weekend off. I'll be there!
  17. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,241 / 9
    Josh, Bill and Gene too? Excellent. Bitterroot, Mark Walker, Rob Ast, Dustin Bise and myself will be meeting up about 10am tomorrow and making the trek west.
  18. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    It's going to drive me crazy that I have to wait an extra day now. :beathead::beathead::beathead:
  19. Ralphie Mike Ralph

Mercer Island, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    I'll be a last minute addition to the Hohdown - Thursday evening through Sunday. Just worked out my schedule to get time off and figured I can't pass this up. Look forward to meeting you guys.
  20. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Bring a camp chair! They were in high demand last year. See you there