Home defense- Shotgun VS AR

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by ribka, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    Biden does look like Walter...too funny, about as smart too. Instead of Walters "get yer shit and get out", Biden says "give us your taxes and guns and get out."

Take your shotgun/AR unload it and take it down a hallway, up and down stairs, whatever would simulate a break in. Do the dry run and see how handy it is or isn't. Practice at the range is fine, but in the real environment of your home is more value added. At night the muzzle flash can be blinding, the sound will be deafening any time.

BTW, there's a reason an AR is called a CQB close quarters battle rifle.

Having a dog as an alarm is a great upper hand in the battle, also a great deterrent. But for those that are dogless, you may be caught unaware until the front door is busted in. If you're asleep, that's an issue, if your firearm is in another room and you can't get past the intruder/s, that's an issue.

What I getting at is you have to prepare your mind, your tools, and your family for what you think might happen. Just like fire drills, intruder drills are important. Have a plan, rehearse it, make it work.

Leave the speculation for fly selections...;)
  2. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +706 / 1
    Speaking of messes.... no home should be without one. Plus, they're on Joe's list of approved home defense weapons.
    ball.jpg
  3. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +878 / 0
    My hope is that the fool who breaks into my home is also a politician-two twits with one shot!