hoodcanal chums and how hot the fishing was

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by bobkt76, Nov 4, 2001.

1. bobkt76

bobkt76 New Member

i went out friday and sunday and they were atacking any pink patern froom closhers to chum candy and srimp paterns me and three frinds went out in row boats by the hachery and in by the publick dock there were hiting vere hard and took the flys very well wefound thet they were very darkand have there eggs falling out and some vere few were bright dose eney one know why they chang coleres in salt watere i thought the fresh water did the changing keep the sunny side up and the krusty side down keeep on trucking

2. guest

guest Guest

yeah there is alot of fish in there right now. they turn dark so fast because they spawn in the upper reaches of streams very close to the mouth . later

3. guest

guest Guest

hey if you get any more bright ones have them smoked. very good that way just bleed them immidiatly and gut and ice them but if you dont have ice try to keep them in the water. they are excellent smoked when they are still real bright and firm

4. bobkt76

bobkt76 New Member

ya we have 10 in the smoke house nowkeep the sunny side up and the krusty side down keeep on trucking

5. bobkt76

bobkt76 New Member

have u fished there and if you have how dose the 2000ft boundy werk and there were lots of people in thwere fishing and the regs are so hard to under stand some times they say 4 limit here and two limit there but were is here or there lol
    keep the sunny side up and the krusty side down keeep on trucking

6. guest

guest Guest

there is a 4 fish limit within the boundary limits of the hatchery. outside of the hatchery zone , hood canal there is a 2 fish limit