How Do I Send Someone A Private Message?

Discussion in 'New Features, Site News, Issues Info.' started by tpcollins, Apr 1, 2012.

1. tpcollins Member

Saline, MI
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Evidentally I've sent PMs in the past because I have old messages still in my inbox but now I can't figure how to send a PM now. On other forums I just click on the persons name a that option pops up. I want to thank a member for somehelp but can't figure out how to do it now. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,722 / 0
    They are called conversations now. Just click on their profile/name and the page should show up.
  3. speyfisher Active Member

State of Jefferson U.S.A.
    Ratings: +139 / 3
    Why is a PM now called a conversation if it's still the same thing as a PM? I'm too old to waste what little time I have left trying to figure out new ways to to do old things!
  4. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +302 / 0
    The old system was more limited in offline discussion. The new system acts like a private discussion instead of quick messenger. That's especially helpful to small groups who would rather carry on discussion in private. I suspect the naming change was to stay away from the old software copyright.

Click on anyone's name or avatar to explode their options and there click on "start a conversation". You can do that or just go right into your Inbox, towards the upper right. You can type in names of people on the forum you would like to start a conversation with and go from there.
  5. Draggerman Member

Cape Breton-Canada
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Ok I was having the same trouble and thought the coversations were more for a group because you had the option to invite more people than the person you were trying to PM