How Do I Send Someone A Private Message?

Discussion in 'New Features, Site News, Issues Info.' started by tpcollins, Apr 1, 2012.

1. tpcollins

tpcollins Member

Evidentally I've sent PMs in the past because I have old messages still in my inbox but now I can't figure how to send a PM now. On other forums I just click on the persons name a that option pops up. I want to thank a member for somehelp but can't figure out how to do it now. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

They are called conversations now. Just click on their profile/name and the page should show up.

3. speyfisher

speyfisher Active Member

Why is a PM now called a conversation if it's still the same thing as a PM? I'm too old to waste what little time I have left trying to figure out new ways to to do old things!

4. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

The old system was more limited in offline discussion. The new system acts like a private discussion instead of quick messenger. That's especially helpful to small groups who would rather carry on discussion in private. I suspect the naming change was to stay away from the old software copyright.

Click on anyone's name or avatar to explode their options and there click on "start a conversation". You can do that or just go right into your Inbox, towards the upper right. You can type in names of people on the forum you would like to start a conversation with and go from there.

5. Draggerman

Draggerman Member

Ok I was having the same trouble and thought the coversations were more for a group because you had the option to invite more people than the person you were trying to PM