Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

How to tie flies.

SBS 
4K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  freestonebound 
#1 ·
I was wondering if you have ever thought of a section on how to ties flies. Like tying certain flies in a step by step format. One of the Mods (Jerry), had this on another webs site. It was helpful if you were to tie up something new.

Just van Old Man asking

#5 ·
Jim, this is a great idea. It's easier to upload photos and videos now to the site, so this should be pretty painless for those who want to contribute. Expanding on the fly swap idea - how to's and recipies could be posted as well as sending them through the mail. I'll chip in!

#6 ·
OMJ, I will throw my hat in the ring to help herd these cats. I have several detailed patterns already formatted. It will not be that difficult to add step by step photos the next time I tie one of the flies. If Chris endorses the concept, I will post a sample and people can decide if it has merits.

#9 ·
OMJ, I will throw my hat in the ring to help herd these cats. I have several detailed patterns already formatted. It will not be that difficult to add step by step photos the next time I tie one of the flies. If Chris endorses the concept, I will post a sample and people can decide if it has merits.
Steve hard to think of something you tying not having merit

#26 ·
I was wondering if you have ever thought of a section on how to ties flies. Like tying certain flies in a step by step format. One of the Mods (Jerry), had this on another webs site. It was helpful if you were to tie up something new.

Just van Old Man asking
Great idea. If that doesn't happen Scott P has completely covered. That man is a tying Beast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.