NFR I am retired!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Theron, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,664 / 0
    Western Washington---------The wet side. Eastern Washington -----------The dry side. Calling it this way means you don't have to type so many letters.
    Alex MacDonald and Theron like this.
  2. gator1954 New Member

Bend, OR and Vermejo Park, NM
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Congrats on your retirement.
    Theron likes this.
  3. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    Ratings: +654 / 0
    So happy for you Terry!
    Theron likes this.
  4. Mike Monsos AKA flyman219

Redmond, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Congratulations Theron, You'll be starting to pick your fishing days by the weather report and not the calendar now. I'm sure you will enjoy the mild climate and all the water in the area. Give me a ring and a invite to fish Lone or Pass with you when you get settled in on Whidbey this spring.

I've been retired now nearly six years :D and I can say I never looked back once. Enjoy you new freedom of choices.

Mike
    Theron likes this.
  5. Theron Active Member

Near Coupeville, WA
    Ratings: +117 / 0
    Thanks Mike. I need to get that great bamboo rod you made for me out more. I missed a great deal of the summer here due to health problems but have healed up nicely and am ready for fishing in the PNW. I will give you a call.
  6. NCL Member

Northern California
    Ratings: +24 / 2
    Congratulations on your retirement. I have been retired for 2 1/2 years and I am fond of saying that retirement is man's greatest invention. It took me about 3 months to realize that what I didn't get done today could be done tomorrow and just slow down. On the downside I probably fish less now than before I retired because I look at the weather and say it is to windy, cold or something I will go tomorrow and end up not going for a month looking for perfect conditions.
    Theron and Ron McNeal like this.
  7. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +886 / 0
    Congratulations! 7 years for me now. It's really nice to not have to engage in combat fishing on the weekends any more! I love the sign, by the way; wish I'd thought of that!
    Theron likes this.
  8. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +565 / 0
    Congratulations! Remember, dryflylarry said, "You are not retired until you forget what day of the week it is!" THEN, you are retired! Good luck and happy retirement! Enjoy.
    Old Man and Theron like this.
  9. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +967 / 1
    Today should be Saturday as I'm not at work.
  10. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +644 / 0
    Today is Saturday? I reckon I plumb forgot . . .
  11. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Today is Saturday? I reckon I plumb forgot . . .
  12. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Damn . . . triple post . . .
  13. Theron Active Member

Near Coupeville, WA
    Everyday is Saturday!
  14. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +237 / 0
    It's nice to have so many retired or nearly so on the board as it gives those of us who are retired some fishing companions! Like this Thursday, Roper, Scott Salzer, and Andrew (who are all still gainfully employed but with a lot of freedom are heading to my cabin (Winthrop) for some upland bird hunting and a guided duck hunt. (Since I still work one day most weeks I guess I'm not retired either!:)) Theron when you get here we will have to meet at Pass Lake for some fishing! Rick
  15. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,622 / 0
    Buncha' old farts in this forum! Man, you guys are old! Hope to join you all next year or so.

Congrats Theron and welcome to WA. Other than it not being NE, what drew you to WA as a retirement choice?

Sg
  16. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    <---- "experienced." I'll never be "old." And every day is . . . "OURS." 'Nuff said.
  17. Strawfish Member

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Theron,
    Congratulation on you recent retirement and upcoming move to the PNW. I can attest that is great! I don't think you will regret it. I myself relocated here from the upper plains in the 80's, the family and I wanted to try an area were it's not bitter cold in winter and sticky hot in summer. I was actually born just down the road from you in Nebraska City. I still have family in the area, so I get back there about every year.
    When I retired several years ago, it was for medical reasons, and I am left with some mobility issues, so my primary fishing is stillwaters with my homemade pram. My favorite lakes are Lone and Pass, so after you get here and can get out, we could meet up at one of those places. If you needed something to float, I have a pontoon or a float tube you could borrow. For me, the pram is the only way to go, hopefully you can get one for yourself.
    Be safe and stay warm,
    John
  18. Steve Vaughn Member

Richland, WA
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    Congratulation! I hope to join you in 2 1/2 years. Enjoy every day and welcome to the PNW.

Steve V.
  19. Robert Engleheart Robert

Lemoore, CA
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    Welcome & congratulations. I retired for 1-1/2 years, then accepted an offer to go back to work for < 2 years. 5 months into it and I've no regrets; never say never.
  20. Theron Active Member

Near Coupeville, WA
    Damn, it's -8 here this morning with a wind chill of -28. Sure glad it's Saturday and I don't have to go out. Probably tie up some flies and dream about fishing in the PNW.