NFR I finally got out on a stream!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Billy McFly, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Billy McFly Active Member

Edmonds WA
    Ratings: +62 / 0
    I finally got away from the biz for a little backpacking/fly fishing trip. The plan was to hike out the East Bank Trail of Ross Lake to Devils Junction and hit some of the tributaries and the evening bite on the lake.

For a couple of reasons I had to cut it short so I came out a day early and explored the Diosbuds (?), Cascade and the Suiattle on my way home. Some of you guys have mentioned that the best part is just getting out there and exploring and I have to say I had a great time scouting rivers and finding holes.
    It’s been so long since I caught a fish on the fly that this may as well have been my first. I found a beauty of a hole and tied into a bunch of fish. I got 3 to my net. What a rush!

I started with a copper john looking fly with no success so I switched to the little brown guy with a white tuft on its back, (I’m such a fng I have no clue what it is), and it was on.

I must apologize for the poor quality of the pictures. The first fish was the largest but you can’t tell from the pic. My heart was racing and I might have been hyperventilating a bit as I netted #1. It filled my net. I’m guessing 16” and fat. These were well fed fish. I couldn't get my hand around any of them. The others were in the 12” – 14” range.

I want to thank you guys for all of the knowledge I have gleaned from this site. I can’t wait to get out there again.

Hey - How do you paste a pic????????? :confused:
  2. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +344 / 0
    Look in the Help section and the information about BB codes. That should get ya going on putting up photos.