If Two Midge Patterns On One Hook Is Hot

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by GAT, Apr 7, 2013.

1. GAT

GAT Active Member

Four patterns on one hook should work twice as well!!!!

IMG_1710.jpg

2. dfl

dfl Active Member

Were you smoking grass while tying flies? Just looking at that fly gives me the munchies.

3. Mark Mercer

Mark Mercer Member

No Gene....It should work four times as well! Just curious, but what were you thinking? I wonder what a trout would think about this, just might be the next hot pattern?

4. Brandon4455

Brandon4455 Bobber Down!

Gene, that is awesome. you should tie one of those that is 4 different chironomids,like different colors rather than the double that is all the same color.

5. GAT

GAT Active Member

I'm afraid to try it... what if the sucker actually worked! :eek:

6. Brandon4455

Brandon4455 Bobber Down!

i bet it would work. would like like a "clown" pattern with multiple colors. olive,red,black,chrome. most popualr colors.

i bet brookies would eat i-they are pretty stupid. i caught some on a size 10 bloodworm last year. hahaha

7. Hans Weilenmann

Hans Weilenmann Active Member

Reminds me of David Collier's Cherynoble Soldier Ant Colomn

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Hans W

8. GAT

GAT Active Member

Yes, but I tied four different patterns on the same hook. That's the hard part :D

(I wasted some perfectly good tying material and a long shank hook all for a joke -- I suffer from a humor curse)

9. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Hi Gene,
    No, you didn't waste the materials. You went for the "funny" and we (and hopefully you) enjoyed it. Many thanks. For your next trick, tie a Callibaetis nymph, emerger, and dry on the same hook.

Steve

10. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

That first pattern should be named "Foreplay".

11. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

I would suggest "buffet" or "smorgasboard", perfect for the indecisive trout that just can't make up its mind what's for lunch.

12. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Man that is wild! I am with Cabezon, Royal Fork or Chuck Wagon....

I started to come up with names for Stonefish's theme, but none were appropriate for the forum!

13. Travis Bille

Travis Bille Active Member

it's called a "morgy"

14. Thom Collins

Thom Collins Active Member

It's a Nymph-kebab.