Intro and found item

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by larrylongline, Mar 27, 2013.

1. larrylongline New Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    Hi everyone,
    Long time lurker, not much for the whole internets thing but I suppose it's time to jump in. I was born in North Idaho but have lived anywhere from AK to Georgia in my half century on this big green and blue ball. 'Nuff about me. The real reason I ventured into membership is to return someone's lucky charm. This season on a day out chasing steel on the Methow I parked near Black Canyon pull off and fished. No luck there, but when I got back to my rig I found a special Velcro patch with an animal on it. I stuck it on my coat and proceeded to catch 3 wild steelhead that day. From then on, every time I went out I caught at least one of those sumbitches! The crazy thing is before that day I would hook, but never land steel. It was like I was snake bitten or cursed and the patch lifted the curse.

Anyways, I want to give this lucky charm back to its rightful owner. I feel bad he might be out there somewhere suffering the same way I was, getting the touch, but not sealing the deal. If its your Velcro patch, let me know what kind of animal it is and what the magic words on the patch are. I will return it to you along with my number one producing fly.

Can't wait to be involved in this forum!
  2. Chad Lewis NEVER wonder what to do with your free time

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +153 / 0
    Now that's one of the best intros I've seen. Welcome aboard!
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  3. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +452 / 1
    I need some help with regard to steelhead. Assuming you dont find the rightful owner, how about we pass that little Velcro voodoo around; a pay-it-forward sorta thing? Welcome.
  4. Steve Call Active Member

Wetside, WA
    Ratings: +188 / 0
    Welcome on board! Sounds like a very powerful lucky charm.
  5. Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +888 / 1
    Has to be Bobo's, was it a Squatch on the patch? Welcome to the board!
  6. larrylongline New Member

Itchy, if the rightful owner doesn't step forward soon, you get first dibs! It does seem to be a very powerful item.

Steve, it seems to be very powerful, like The One Ring from Lord of the Rings. I better get rid of it before I end up like Gollum!
    Itchy Dog likes this.
  7. larrylongline New Member

No Sasquatch. Much smaller, but it is a mammal.
  8. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +896 / 0
    Keep the juju going, Larry, and welcome to the party!
  9. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

out of state now
    Ratings: +221 / 0
    Nice intro, well done and welcome.
  10. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    Welcome mate.
    Steelhead voodoo, it's not real man, you're dreaming, you stepped into the Methow zone.
  11. wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Wallingford, WA
    Ratings: +1,625 / 0
    Speaking of stepping forward, Itchy still has his lucky size 8 Matrix Mocs, they have brought him incredible cheer and a sense of community from his friends on the WFF board. He would probably trade you those Mocs for a Pegasus/Unicorn patch.

I lost my EOD patch...

front_patch_MSM_EOD%20Running.jpg
    Itchy Dog and McNasty like this.
  12. Billy McFly Active Member

Edmonds WA
    Ratings: +63 / 0

Say what you want about Gollum - That creepy little dude could fish....
    Greg Armstrong, chief and wadin' boot like this.
  13. larrylongline New Member

Thanks for the kind words and great senses of humor. Since nobody has claimed the patch so far I will reveal the animal, but the words will need to be verified. Hahaha.

The animal is a squirrel.